HK P2000Sk Range Report

Bullrock

:D :D 92 degrees and very humid. I took my new P2000sk to the outdoor range and found myself alone...:D

I began with the gun on decock with my target at 25'. The DA pull is hefty. I would guess around 10 to 12lbs, great for safety. So I threw my first round off into never never land like I do most DA's I shoot for the first time.

The second shot was in SA and it was so light and smooth, I didn't expect it, but managed to keep it on the paper.

From that point on it was shear bliss. After 50 rounds I was wet through, and my glasses fogged up from the heat and humidity. I kept shooting! after 100 rounds of shear bliss I had to discard my glasses. I can hear you southern guys now, "what a wuss":D

Without glasses, which don't do me that much good when shooting, I fired through another 50 rounds then decided I needed some shade and a cold beer, so I headed home. I had a smile on my face all the way.

My first 2 magazines were Winchester 115Gr. JHP. My next 4 were Winchester 115Gr. FMJ. Then I mixed in a couple of mags of Federal 124Gr. Hydro-Shok JHP. Not a hiccup, burp, FTE or FTF!!!

Tonight I get to clean it, put it in a custom premium leather holster and promote it to my year round carry... I don't usually function well in this kind of heat being a far northerner. What a NICE day!!!:) :)

BLKLABMAN

Congratualtions on the HK2000SK. Great pistol, and great report.
I hope it gives you years, of trouble free service and enjoyment.

PS
About the weather.... You wuss!! :)

Want to add.
I have been shooting the wifes P2000SK. It is one sweet shooting pistol, like yours. The Mrs's however, is starting to get an attitude and stingy about me using her pistol. Looks like I may, have to look into getting myself one.
Then I can say to her, what she has been saying to me.... Heck No you cant use it, go shoot your own pistols. :D

18DAI

Congrats! I'm glad it performed well for you. I can't stand the heat and humidity either, but even a bad day shooting, beats a good day working. My HK USPF 40's DA trigger smoothed up after 500 rounds or so. On a few range trip, I decocked for the first 25 shots, that helped me alot. Now I can keep the first round out of the holster on the paper. Enjoy your HK, Regards 18DAI.

Bullrock

Blklabman, About the weather.... You wuss!!

Now, I would expect a remark like that from Topthis, but not a Southern Gentleman like yourself...:D

BTW, I posted this on another thread in answer to you.

Blklabman
This is all your fault!!! I hadn't thought about the P2000Sk in quite a while prior to your post. Now I have one coming in tomorrow, and I'm blaming YOU!!!

I didn't pay $800 for it. I paid less than $700. Now I'm an HK owner, again. I only hope you're going to be able to sleep tonight knowing what you have done.

Thank you, I think...

Trip20

Bullrock.... I've been eyeing one up myself..... especially since it's ambi' and I'm a lefty.

You've held both the PT111 and the p2000sk. Are they comparable in size? Good ergos?

Glad you got rid of that Taurus and got something that suits your needs.

BLKLABMAN

Bullrock,
I saw your post earlier, and just did not have time to respond.
I think it all comes down to.......
Tit for Tat,
It is the wifes faullt and YOUR fault, that I want one now. :)

After the other thread of myself fussing about the price, I think for now on I will keep my mouth shut.
You never can tell when that pistol you've brought home, turns into one of the sweetest shooting handguns you've ever fired.
Congratulations again, on the P2000Sk. :)

LH2

Nice report Bullrock!

Congrats on the new HK.

I'm curious about the P2KSK's muzzle flip. How snappy is that little pistol anyway? The only compact 9mms I've fired were the Beretta 9000S, which surprised me with it's soft recoil, and my P99C which surprised me with it's muzzle whip... :eek: :)

Can anybody tell me where the lil' HK fits in?

Metellus

Hk

I recommended my SO get an P2000SK. After a couple months she was shooting it as good as I could shoot with a high end 1911 when we were shooting within 50 feet. It got to the point where I decided to start shooting it and I like it so much that I'm thinking of making it my primary carry weapon! Now I just have to buy one... usually hate having 2 of the same gun around though..

Bullrock

Bullrock.... I've been eyeing one up myself..... especially since it's ambi' and I'm a lefty.

You've held both the PT111 and the p2000sk. Are they comparable in size? Good ergos?

Hey Trip, They are kinda different. At the time I have them both in front of me.

The P2000sk is better balanced. The grip is the same length as the PT-111 but better ergo's in matching the width of the slide which makes for better balance IMO...

The Mil-Pro grip feels skinny in comparison, which makes it feel a little top heavy. It doesn't fill my hand as well, and I have an average 9 1/2" to 10" glove size hand.

I had a little difficulty field stripping the Mil-Pro. The slide release was very tight, and the slide was a little tricky to take down. Not a criticism. I'm sure both of those things would work out in time.

With the HK the take down was easier. The slide racks easier on the HK. The slide release pops right off. And after a clean and lube everything pops right back together.

While the H&K is ambi, the one criticism I have is the mag release. It is smaller and pointer than the PT-111 (and the USPc) and more difficult to move.

The additional back strap on the H&K is a winner. We all know when it comes to guns, one size does not fit all.

I found loading the mags on the P2000sk very easy, with the 10th round loading as easy as the first. The Mil-Pro mags required allot more pressure after the 6-7th round, and on one mag I could only squeeze in 10.

The sites on the P2000sk are by far better than PT-111. They are larger and easier to see which makes it nice for us geriatric types. I'm probably missing something. If I am send me a PM and I'll get right back to you.

Good Luck with your decision, Lefty!!!:D

Bullrock

Trooperson, Which caliber did you go for in your new H&K?
I went for the 9mm. I would have preferred a .45acp (not avail.) and didn't want the .40 because I don't have another .40 and didn't want to do the ammo thing.

I guess a 9mm for carry is heavy enough for an ole coot like me. ;)

Just stopped into my neigborhood shop today. Got to check out a few interesting guns...one of them a used P2000 in 9mm at $595 w/3 mags (10 rd ban mags :rolleyes: ) that was traded in by a rookie LEO after he was hired and had to switch to .40. In VERY nice shape.

Please convince me NOT to put a downpayment on it monday when I go in to pay off my SW1911.:D

18DAI

savage-one-seven Read the thread "Cost of HK". See if they convince you not to buy it, LOL. That's a good price on a great handgun. Let us know how it shoots. Regards 18DAI.

solz56

Bullrock,
Congrats on the P2000SK! :) I own one myself and once you get used to the LEM trigger, it's a fantastic little gun to shoot. Also a breeze to strip and clean.

Shoot safe :)

Kowboy

Savage:

I just paid $700.00 for a slightly used P2000 .40 with 4 mags, night sights and a factory trigger job @ 5lbs.

Bought it on gunbroker.com, so I had $35.00 in shipping and $25.00 to my FFL, expenses you won't incur.

It shoots great.

Buy the 9, you won't be sorry,

Kowboy