HK p2000 whadya think?

Rick_A

Hi guys like many i have been prowling the form for quite a while but anyways

I just picked up a new HK P2000 V2? It has the LEM trigger system i know this for sure, but anyways do any of you guys have any experience with this pistol.
should i expect some type of break in before it is reliable? I am new to the semi auto world i have mostly shot rifles and revolvers mostly.

any impute is intresting and helpful

thanks

Daryl

I don't think they need "broke in", so to speak, but I'd shoot some ammo through it to insure reliability. Different folks set their own standards on how much; I just shoot 'em on a regular basis.

They're good handguns, and are what the border patrol carries here. Those guys work under some pretty rough conditions at times, so they test 'em pretty well.

I shot a buddies a week or so back. It was his own gun, rather than his issued one with LEM (I'm sure there are regulations about anyone else shooting that one), and it shot great. Given his own choice, he prefers the DA/SA trigger over the LEM, but both work well.

Good luck, and let us know how you like it.

Daryl

ShipWreck

Great gun. I have a DA/SA one. From prev experience with an HK, 124 gr FMJ for the first 100-150 rounds will help break it in. It needs a little extra oomph to break in the recoil spring. The guys at HK Pro will tell ya the same thing.

NWCP

Clean it and take it to the range. HKs shoot well right out of the box, at least mine have. You'll want to see what ammo yours prefers, but mine have eaten anything they're fed. Some like a given weight a bit more than others, but all have performed well with most any brand ammo. Avoid lead bullets and steel cases.

Rick_A

Thanks alot guys :D im pretty excited about this gun and hope to get it to the range early next week. it seems like a real nice shooter

kymarkh

I really like the P2000 and the P30. I think the P2000 would be more comfortable to carry while the P30 would be more comfortable to shoot. I would have on but just havent found a great deal on either one yet.

Last edited:

PSP

A very fine pistol that will deliver loads of high quality performance. Well worth the money.

Bigdave24

Some hk's do seem to need hot ammo to break in the recoil spring. If you get failures to feed, or stove piping consider this.

ShipWreck

The hotter ammo for 100+ rounds also solves the issue of casings hitting ya in the head - if it happens. It stops after the hotter ammo breakin

Shadi Khalil

Some hk's do seem to need hot ammo to break in the recoil spring.

Any ammo, reload or factory should work fine.

The P2000 is a great pistol. Well made, easy to shoot and from what I'm told, carry. My only gripe was the mag release but I'm sure I could get used to it.

Ace_Breaker

I love my P2000. It's my go to CCW handgun in the winter. It has never malfunctioned on me ever. I carry it in a Desantis holster that hugs my body. I can conceal it under a shirt but like to wear it under a jacket to ensure no printing is done. Great gun. I got rid of the Glock 19 and kept the Hk.

Dobe

My six haven't. Which models are you refering to?
I have two P30s. One had continual FTF until I put about 1000 rounds through it. My second P30 has been flawless.

This was actually a common situation with the early P30s.

Rick_A

took it out to the range yesterday... man what a sweet shooter. shot a lil over 100 rounds and as expected zero failures of any type.

i am defiantly happy with my first HK

Uncle Malice

I had the same gun... the P2000 with LEM.

I LOVE the ergo's of the P2k, but I couldn't get used to the LEM trigger. Or rather, I couldn't make it shoot well for me. I would gladly get another in DA/SA.

For now, I'm very happy with my USP Compact standard. :)

mukibetser

Love my p2000

I have a p2000 in .40sw DA/SA and it has become my favorite gun. I was a little bummed at first because the trigger really isn't good -- a long, hard, gritty pull -- but what has won me over is the p2000's excellent ergos, great accuracy and 100% reliability. My other "combat"/CCW pistols are a CZ P-01 and a S&W 1911 (compact ES). The HK is the only one that has never, ever had a single hitch with around 600 rounds through it. The P-01 is a nice gun, but I have had more than occasional jams and malfunctions, mostly failures to feed with frangible ammo. I've thought about sending the HK out for a trigger job but decided I can definitely live with the suboptimal tigger -- I've gotten used to it and this isn't a competition gun. IMHO, having also handled and fired Glocks, I strongly disagree with those that say the HKs are overpriced and overrated. The quality is apparent from the minute you pick one up.