HK P2000 Questions

briang2ad

Saw a used one lately. $650 with 5 mags, 2009 model with some use, but about 95%. Good deal?

Anything to 'watch out' for in a used model? The way I figure it, with the mags I maybe only save about $100 over new.

I know I can get a new gun for about $632 shipped. But will it has as smooth a trigger as the one I held in the shop - I was surprised at how smooth the DA was. I hear so much complaining about HK triggers. Do they all smooth out in time? This one was VERY consistent and smooth.

Does HK honor a warranty on second owner guns?

Decent selection of holsters? Can you get a black rear 'ledge' style sight for this? I guess I could black it out myself and get a single NS front.

Thanks.

sigarms228

Personally I would go new. CDNN has them for $599 and not much shipping.

Trigger does improve with use or maybe the previous owner put lighter hammer spring in it or had someone work on it.

Warranty applies only to original owner.

TunnelRat

I know that's a lot of mags but that still seems high for used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1hogfan83

Mine, P2000sk, only needed a trigger spring but that was for weight. It was $10-15, new would be worth it if you could get within $100.

NWCP

The best stock trigger HK produces is found in the USP .45 Tactical and I own a passel of HKs. I had the Tactical's trigger assembly dropped into my USP 9mm and USP 40S&W full size pistols. I now have three USPs with incredible triggers. HK has a long DA trigger followed by a crisp SA. The only pistols that differ from this are their striker fired weapons and their LEM trigger assemblies. I prefer their DA/SA and striker fired over the LEM. Just my preference. I would get a P30L over the P2000 if it were me.

TunnelRat

HK has a long DA trigger followed by a crisp SA. The only pistols that differ from this are their striker fired weapons and their LEM trigger assemblies.

Having owned DA/SA USPs, USPs with match triggers, and DA/SA P2000/P30 pistols the triggers on the USP series are "better". The DA travel is shorter, the reset is shorter, and the takeup is shorter.

JDBerg

Destructo6: said:
The trigger rebound spring is the #1 failure, at least in the LEM versions.

Well I'm reading an HK ad in a gunrag that states that a P30 fired 91,322 rounds, maintaining consistent less than 2" groups @12 meters after 80,000 rounds. They don't say whether this was a LEM or a V3 SA/DA trigger, but, regardless, a smart gun owner would have changed out the springs several times before hitting anywhere close to that round count.

Last edited:
Thats a tall price for a used P2000. The P2000 got a serious price reduction sometime in the last year or two, and you can find them new for not much more than that. Try the LEM before you buy it. After getting used to a P229 short reset trigger, I can't really handle the LEM. The overall trigger throw is just way too long.

JDBerg

TunnelRat: said:
Yea that was Todd Green who did that if I remember correctly.

If it was Todd Green then it was most certainly a LEM trigger variant, he had his own version of the V2 LEM modified with lighter FPB and hammer springs, while keeping the "heavier" V2 rebound spring. I was sorry to hear Todd passed away from cancer this past March.

Last edited:

TunnelRat

^ Yea we called it the Todd Green special over on HKPro.

Green's passing was a sad one. He deteriorated pretty fast from when he announced his condition. Some of the best articles I ever read were from Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cslinger

You can get a new gun with night sights and 3 mags in the $690 neighborhood.

USPC mags are not that expensive.

Not a great deal for me.

As far as the gun, I love them. IMO P2K is a great gun. The hammer fired Glock 19/23 if you will.

Destructo6

Well I'm reading an HK ad in a gunrag that states that a P30 fired 91,322 rounds, maintaining consistent less than 2" groups @12 meters after 80,000 rounds. They don't say whether this was a LEM or a V3 SA/DA trigger, but, regardless, a smart gun owner would have changed out the springs several times before hitting anywhere close to that round count.
I'm talking less than 10k rounds for a P2000 LEM. Not a USP, nor any other HK to my experience.

TunnelRat

That's not overly surprising in my opinion. The TRS isn't that robust of a part. To be fair though if I have to replace a $9 part even every 5k rounds it's not a non-starter for me.

JDBerg

TunnelRat. said:
That's not overly surprising in my opinion. The TRS isn't that robust of a part. To be fair though if I have to replace a $9 part even every 5k rounds it's not a non-starter for me.

Agreed. I tried to find out as much as I could about TRS breakage on LEM trigger variants over on the hkpro.com forums. This seems to occur with guns having high live round counts and heavy dryfiring, but who is really surprised about that. So it's reasonable to change out that TRS after about 5,000 live and dry fire cycles on that spring, I think that's a good common sense approach:)