HK Fans: Listen UP!!!!!

denfoote

I was in my local gunshop this weekend. Low, and behold, there was a MK-23 SOCOM in the case. Intregued, I inquired. I was told that the Government had canceled the MK-23 order, and HK was trying to dump the gun on the civilian market!!!!! The one I saw had the suppressor with it, and although it was sold seperately, it was obviously a matched set. Later, at another gunshop, I saw the same weapon in his case. It looks like you HK fiends have hit the jackpot!!!! Get 'em while the're hot. :)

BMWGS80

Viscious rumer he-he. SOCOM is looking at a 1911 hybrid (Not Colt). Metal frame gun. Plastic just cannot make the cut. Too many cracked frames. Possible Ti or Sc guns.

This will probably take several years and much red tape to be accomplished.

Scooter2

Is it a Mark 23 or a MK 23? Mark 23 is the civilian version and MK23 is the military version. Another difference is the MK23 has slide serrations at the front of the slide in addition to the ones on the back.

ROCK-n-GLOCK

It's Mk 23......Mk is refered to as "Mark".

Standard military convention for naming things

Mk(Mark)X Mod X with the mod being a modification or next gen of the same piece of equip with improvements/changes

Justin

It sure seemed like I'd seen a lot of these things floating around lately. Too bad I don't have the scratch to afford one.

Scooter2

I know MK23=Mark 23, but it is two different guns. The reason I ask if it was a Mk23 or Mark23 is because HK put MK23 on the government contract models. It comes with the slide serration on the front and a tighter than SAAMI spec chamber. The civilian version is the Mark 23 which has a SAAMI spec chamber and no front slide serrations.

denfoote

Mylhouse,
It is at Mandall's, and Bear Arms in Scottsdale. The unit with the suppessor is at Mandall's. The two are sold seperately, but it is the suppessor for the MK-23. All NFA rules apply. The combo probably will cost about $3000. Not being able to afford it, I didn't pay attention to the price. Call Tony at Mandall's: 480-945-2553. If any of you are interested, he'll hook you up. :)