HK 94 - what happened to all of them

Houndog

Have been thinking about selling my HK94, since I haven't shot it in a couple of years (I have a clone for that). It's in nice shape, but I couldn't in good conscience describe it as mint. Been cruising the web to try to see what others are asking to see what I could get for it if I did put it on the market. Although I've seen a smattering of them for sale, not very many. Are there really so few out there for sale? It seems to me that 3-4 years ago these were a lot easier to find.

Oh, and I'm really not trolling for offers since I still haven't decided if I'm even going to sell, and if so what I'm going to ask. Also, my first preference would be a FTF.

nbkky71

A buddy of mine sold his A3 model last year for around $4500, but he had a bunch of the HK factory mags & accessories with it.

There was a large number of California DOJ turn-in HK94's that were for sale a while back, and the prices were relatively low at the time (I seem to recall somewhere around $2000-$2500 ??).

Current price seems to be in the $3000-$4000 range, depending on condition. I too haven't seem many for sale in a while either.

Houndog

You've got a good memory. This is one of those DOJ guns - although as I recall the prices were closer to $2500-$3000 at the time. This is one of the few guns I've ever purchased primarily as an investment (since I have a nice clone I SBR'd and shoot). It's nice to see that, unlike my 401k investments, it may have actually increased in value.:)

oldcspsarge

A whole lot of them became the base for a registered HK sear and converted to MP-5's .

Some were married to the sear, some were registered as SBR.