HK 45 Tactical vs. Sig P220 Sport???

twoinchgroup52

For an accurate, fun shooting range gun, which of these two bells and whistles loaded pistols would be better. Does anyone have hands-on experience with both. Any responses would be appreciated. Sincerely, Twoinchgroup

JayCee

Don’t have any experience with the H&K, but my P220S is one of the most accurate handguns I’ve ever owned. It shoots as well as my Kimber Gold Match, and that’s high praise indeed! The only complaint is that it’s kinda big and heavy, but since I don’t use it as a carry gun, that’s no big deal.

The Sig has a superior sight radius, better grip, smoother trigger, stainless steel, better construction, customer service, and the list goes on.

The HK Tactical? Well, it's plastic. :D

Robert

JJCII

I have no experience with the SIGP220 Sport, but have owned the SIG P220 and currently have a USP Tactical. I liked the SIG alot, but find the HK USP Tactical to be more robust in construction. That's right, it's plastic. Accuracy wise the plain SIG P220 that I'd owned was very accurate, but less so than my HK Tactical. However, I don't know how the SIG P220 Sport would compare to the Tactical. Hope someone who can provide a direct comparison chimes in soon.

JJCII

This is a comparison of apples and oranges. The HK Tactical is nothing more than a Mach 23 "Wannabe". That is not a bad thing, to a smart consumer it means the gun and the can for the price of the Mach 23. The Sig has a 7.7 inch sight radius and the HK Tactical is only 6.34 inches. The Sig is also weighted and compensated. It is much more suited for most shooting disciplines. A true comparison would be to the HK Match and that answer is easy, they're gone after two failed attempts at trying to make a serious shooting pistol.

uspmatch_lg.jpg

Of the current line, a better comparison would be the HK UPS Expert and that is a thread I'd really like to read.

Robert

JJCII

If greater sight radius and its advantage in target shooting is the measure, then I agree the better comparison is the SIG P220 Sport to the USP Expert. In that situation I would favor the USP Expert, again due to durability and the inclusion of a manual safety. SIGs are great and selecting the high-end SIG Sport line could never be considered a mistake.

BTW, my USP Tactical is not a wannabe Mk23. It's a wannabe Expert.

JJCII

krept

LOL

The Tactical is a wannabe Mk. 23 just like the M4 is a wannabe M16.

Below is the Tactical
usp45tac_sm.jpg

Below is the Expert
uspexpert_sm.jpg

Below is the Match
uspmatch_sm.jpg

Below is the Mark 23 / SOCOM
mark23_sm.jpg

Which ones look like they are related?

I might be wrong, but the German Spec Ops prefer to use suppressed Tacticals to the Mk 23s due to size considerations and other US teams are moving in this direction as well... Again, could be wrong!