HK 45 Compact "Sand"

Uncle Malice

Okay, so I've been wanting to pick up another 45C for a while after I sold my CT to a friend last year. I was planning to just get black, but the "Sand" color versions have been on sale through a dealer on Gunbroker for only $749 for a while now.

Given the price difference, I figured even if I didn't like the color I could just cerakote it and still come out ahead of what the black version was going to cost me. Well, I picked it up today and let me just say, it's much better looking in person than it appears online.

In most of the pics it appears to be an ugly mustard yellow color, but in person it's a nice sandy tan. Perhaps it's just that I live in the Phoenix valley, so I'm used to the sandy colors, but I'm actually surprisingly happy with it so far. It's not the same tan as my USP 45, but I knew that from the beginning. Hopefully I'll get to put some rounds through it this weekend.

14350636_1789817151255166_3293253443648487424_n.jpg

14310817_1777540219155747_3265872344236687360_n.jpg

hemiram

I don't hate it as much as I used to, but make my guns black or silver. It would take a really great deal on a FDE or similar gun to get me to bite on it. Like a car, I have have passed on a couple of great deals on cars that were brown or green. Nope, it's not likely. I want potent colors on a car, orange, red, blue, yellow, even black, never brown, green (I don't even like the bright green cars) or silver/grey. They just bore me(silver), or repulse me(brown/green). My current car is bright orange. In almost six years, I still love it.