Hit this poll...

You gotta love the way they spin the poll selection: "let EVERYONE have guns." The article states trained individuals. People that aren't up to snuff on the 2A could easily view that as an "evil" thought of voting for the right thing...

Interesting numbers out the gate though...

SuckLead

I was watching this on the news tonight and noticed something. My mom's reaction. And I pointed it out to her. He said something about them allowing guns in schools "...from 1st grade through college." What my mom heard was they were going to allow 1st grade students to carry guns. When I said to her that that is not what he said, she told me he said it, it was written there, clear as day, and this so horrible. I explained to her that even if that is what it was saying, there are laws forbiding a 1st grade child from owning and carrying a handgun and the state laws aren't going to be able to over power that. What the law states is that any person holding a legal concealed carry permit may carry in the schools from 1st grade through college, not that they are going to start issuing concealed carry to 1st graders. Their teacher may carry. Heck, the janitor may carry. Not the kids. However, the law would make it ok for college students over 21 to conceal.

Now, my point in all of that since I know you all understood it anyway is that if my mom saw it that way there are a lot of other people who read it the same way. My mother is a highly intelligent and overly educated woman. She misunderstood what the law was saying for a few different reasons. So why do these politicians not realize everything has to be spelled out? As a journalism student I was taught to write everything as if the dumbest people in the world were reading it and needed every little thing spelled out. It should be the same for politicians. Because all that happens from this is that people misread it and share their misunderstandings and it grows to be a really big stupid fest that could hurt us in the end.

/rant

BTW, anyone read the comments on that story in the link? Loved this line: " I said then, and I say now, if I can write a love poem about my classmate, just as a simple assignment, I would be less likely to kill that person." Really? Explain people who kill their spouses or even those psychos who kill celebrities they adore.