High Valley Ranch!

dontcatchmany

I was perusing the Kimber web site today and noticed that they have a new model of K6S on their.

Called the Control Core. The grips completely cover the backstrap. Supposed to be for greater recoil control and gripping.

Called Kimber and they say the grips (to be sold separately) will be on their web site in about a month.

Just and FYI.

I used a Hogue beavertail grip sleeve on my K6S. not perfect and does not cover the whole K6S grip from top to bottom, but it does held somewhat in recoil and control of the gun.

I will keep and eye out for the rubber Control Core grip.

HighValleyRanch

Thanks for the heads up! I did see that new model on the website and wondered if they would be putting the wrap around grips out separately, so that is good to hear.
It is missing the air cushioning that the hogues grips on the LCR have, but we shall have to wait and see how good it works. The Pachmayrs I adopted from the K frame really help with cushioning, but are rather bulky for pocket carry.

I'm liking the hammered versions coming out as well, and the all black versions.
Glad to see Kimber expanding on what is a great revolver already. Just hope that they will be able to get these approved for us Californians.