High Standard Double Nine Safety

AL45

I have a High Standard Double Nine W-100 .22 LR. My 21 year old daughter loves shooting it, but I was wondering about the safety of it. Specifically, does the hammer rest against the case and if it was dropped would it fire? I have always been partial to Ruger's transfer bar system and am considering buying her a Single Six. But if the Double Nine is not going to fire if dropped or if the hammer is struck, she would probably prefer it. Thanks

Pahoo

Go for it !!!

he only real issue I have, is the general one about the normal side-splatter. Other than that, you should be good to go. However, I would use any excuse to buy a new Single-Six .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

AL45

I have noticed a lot of side splatter. But I make sure everyone wears safety glasses any time we shoot anything.

James K

Member In Memoriam
The High Standard Double Nine is really a decked out Sentinel, and has a hammer block safety that prevents the gun from firing if the hammer is struck. This is not a transfer bar like the Ruger uses, but is a hammer block system like those used by S&W and Colt for a century.

Unless somehow deactivated or tampered with, it will provide good safety.

Jim