High Power

BikerRN

It has come to my attention that FN is going to stop producing the High Power. Here's a copy of the Email I sent FNH in Belgium in regards to that. If you would like to see the High Power stick around I would encourage you to Email the company in Belgium.

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to my attention that you are going to stop manufacturing the High Power.

I would strongly like to ask you to reconsider this decision. In fact I would like you to consider making the High Power under the FNH label and importing it to the United States, instead of under the Browning label.

As an American I recognize that the High Power has never had as big of a following as the 1911, but for those of us that are actual shooters and connoisseurs of fine handguns the High Power has held a special place in our hearts and in our holsters.

Despite my Email name I am a law enforcement officer that is lucky enough to carry a High Power as my off duty gun, and I feel blessed to be able to do so. In my opinion you would be doing yourself a great disservice if you discontinued the High Power.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

XXXX XXXXXX

Biker

chopz

i think the ten kisses at the end were a little overzealous in the affection department. maybe limit it to 3, with a couple hugs thrown in:

xoxox

BikerRN

i think the ten kisses at the end were a little overzealous in the affection department. maybe limit it to 3, with a couple hugs thrown in:

xoxox

ROFL :D

I was hiding my name. In my Email I signed my real name. Instead of posting Biker here I just X'ed it out but hey, if they want kisses to not discontinue the High Power I'm puckered up. :)

Biker

BikerRN

I can't name my source as I haven't verified it yet.

I do however believe this "rumor" more so than many of the others that have been out there over the years regarding the High Power. Take it for what it's worth.

However, if the rumor is true and you don't want FN to stop making the High Power, consider Emailing them in Belgium at FN Herstal to let them know. I myself would like to see the MK III and a newer version with a Rail and maybe a polymer frame, but still Single Action made.

There are some guns that are timeless classics. The Colt S.A.A., the S&W Model 27 and the High Power are just a few of them.

Biker

The Great Mahoo

If this is true, I will be kicking myself for passing up a nice FN High-power that my local shop had in the used case. Don't remember much in the way of details on it, but it was a nice gun. I opted for a 1911 instead, since I already stock .45acp ammo.

BikerRN

I'm hoping that FN doesn't discontinue the High Power.

In fact, I wish they were as common as Glocks. If you don't want to see the High Power go away, please Email FN Herstal in Belgium. Thak you.

Biker

RickB

Of course, the same rumor - that Hi-Powers would no longer be made - was making the rounds ten years ago, when Browning announced they would no longer be importing them. Prices went up, everyone got all excited, then it was announced that FN would export them directly through FNH, or whatever they call their U.S. business. Maybe "Made in Belgium, Assembled in the U.S." is coming?

Dourdave

Hey Biker--

Buy a Glock and apologize for the suggestion of developing a HP with a Clorox bottle frame. You have contaminated 3 forums with you "Clorox" suggestion.

For shame.:) An HP is an HP. Metal and wood.