Hi Power Palmswell Grips?

Stringfellow

My perfect Hi Power grip would actually be just like CZ's palmswell checkered rubber grip. But no such grip exists that I have seen.

I managed to get a hold of checkered rubber Uncle Mike's grips, but am disappointed: there is no palmswell, and the grip curves in the wrong places to make it just plain thick and unwieldy for me. Damn--what a let down.

I own some Hogue rubber grips on some other pistols and am generally happy with them, but I am really trying to go palm swell for the HP. Since rubber seems to be a no-go, my next choice would be Navidrex. Navidrex apparently makes slim and palm swell versions. Do any of you have any pics of the grips from the rear so that I can see how thick they are and what the palm swell looks like?

I am also open to any pics of Herrett (sp?), Pachmayr or any others that might have a palmswell, but as far as I know, no others do.

Thanks for your help!

JohnGalt88

If you own a CZ with rubber grips you might could check and see how close they come to fitting. I know that they both are attached with one screw in the same general area however the shape of the two is not exactly the same with the Hi power grip being more square and longer front to back. But if it is close maybe with a bit of trimming it could work?

Stringfellow

Thanks John--nothing would make me happier if that were the case! I have a friend with some CZs. I will have to borrow the grips and see if it could be done.

In the meantime, I guess to expand the thread--has anyone successfully done that: adapted rubber CZ grips to fit HPs?

Amin Parker

I have Pachmyers on my carry Hi Power and am very happy with it. It has swells in all the right places, i highly recommend them.

WVsig

If you like palm swells then check these out... Great price for good looking grips.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/brhicobochgr.html

They are made by Harriet.

bhp-grip2.jpg

BHP-Grips.jpg

bhppractical2.jpg

I would also be willing to swap you a pair of factory Practical grips by Pach for your Uncle Mikes.

bhppractical.jpg

Last edited:

dahermit

I have the Pachmyers that come with an insert for the front strap, wrap-around from the back to completely cover my High Power's grip. They are checkered and are round...I could not ask for more. Edit: Whoops! From the picture above, I can see the insert goes in from the back strap.

Stringfellow

Thanks for the help, all.

Do any of you have rear pictures of the Pachmayrs? Do they or don't they have a palm swell?

WVSig--the wood grips from CDNN are gorgeous--probably my favorite color choice. Looks like they have a "thumbswell" but do they have a palmswell? I would do that trade, but my Uncle Mikes are already spoken for--thank you though. BTW, I think I recognize that collection of yours... ;)

I am trying to avoid the slip on rubber grips. I did that on my Kahr and am quite happy. But somehow it seems like a pistol as elegant as an HP deserves better, if that makes sense.

Good call, re: Pek. He hits the nail on the head with his designs, and is thorough enough to show the different profiles of his palm swells. Unfortunately, I just can't justify "$90 plus the cost of the wood" to get them...