Hi-Power clones and spare parts?????

1911A1 fan

I have been thinking about getting a FEG or some other type of Browning clone and have been wondering if the parts made for the Hi-Power will fit these off shoots? Thanks for any help you can give.

railroader

They fit FM hipowers and I have an arcus and it looks like most parts from the FN (browning) fit it too. I can't comment on the FEG. Mark

bikeguy

I was going to post this exact same question today, but did a search and found 1911A1 fan had beat me to it!

Does anyone have experience with the FEG and interchanging parts? Is it a true "clone" or is it like the Sistema "Colt 1911" (which has no grip safety and has a pivoting trigger, unlike the original)?

Also, has anyone had any serious problems with the FEG? I know it won't ever be a BHP, but it sure is a lot more attractive price-wise.

Kharn

Bikeguy: The Sistema colts are true 1911A1 copies, you are thinking of the Ballistol Mona (or whatever they are) pistols that are 1911-look-alikes.

Kharn

jar

Actually, the FEG PJK can be every bit as nice as the FN HP. I have several BHPs, the ARCUS-94, the FM HiPower (not really a clone, it's a real HP made under license from FN in Argentina) and the FEG, PJK. The FEG PJK is a clone of the Mark IIs and not a MARK III. The ARCUS Slide or frame will not interchange but mags, barels, safeties, triggers, grips, are all interchangeable. Here's a family portrate with the ARCUS, FM HiPoer, BHP, and FEG PJK.

standard.jpg

TEST: What is the fifth gun in the picture?

SouthpawShootr

The BDMs are nice. I have one just like in the picture. I really wish these were still being made (also wish for high caps). I know they were produced, but, man!, Walther P99 high caps are cheaper!

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
It depends on which one you buy.

I have an early series FEG PJK 9HP, its a true milspec clone. My Dad's new PJK 9HP has a slightly different slide and slide stop (the cuts for the stop are totally different). Truth is the new ones have a much better finish and safety. (I had to replace the tiny gritty safety that was also 40's looking mil-spec to an extended one.) Everything else is the same on them, as far as I can tell without taking a micrometer to them.

FEG also had a nasty habit of naming the same gun by different numbers and using the same numbers for different weapons. The FP-9 is/was an early clone with a ribbed slide.

Mauser made a true mil spec BHP clone. (which someone else suggested was actually made by FEG)

FM full sized guns are parts compatible, the compacts are not, as the slide and the frame are shortened, thus internal springs etc. are a custom item.

The arcus guns, as you can see by the photo vary greatly, you can see the slide stop is distinctly different, as well as the shape of the slide.. who knows about the internals.

Bottom line is to look them over carefully, and know what you are looking for.