Hi power clone

Gunner's mate

Saw a bunch (more than ten) of the FEG hi power style pistols at the gun show last weekend. Some dealers said that they are just like the Browning and the parts will interchange. ;)
Most were careful to say parts will interchange rather than ALL parts will interchange.

Any info on this?

Dave R

I've got one and think it is an outstanding value.

I know the barrel and the extractor and magazines will interchange. Don't know about "all" parts.

Most parts will interchange on the old FEG Hi-Power clones. Although you may have to do some more fitting than usual if they are a bit out of spec.

The new FEG Hi-Power clones (the one with three locking lugs on the barrel instead of two) only interchange a few parts though. You can also spot the new FEG clones by the upgraded sights and ambidextrous safety.

johnwill

Bartholomew Roberts is correct, any of the FEG HP clones that are now available new will probably be the new design, and they're no longer really HP clones. Know what you're buying before you plunk your money down!

Acme

A guy here is selling one used for $250. He's selling it with 1-10 and 1-13 round mag, a mag holster, a Safariland holster, and it has had a "trigger job" and the mag safety removed.

How's the price?

How much are they new? (Lazy of me, I know...:))

Acme

Acme, $250-280 is what I see brand new ones w/2 mags selling for in Dallas (sans holster and hi-cap mags).

I don't necessarily consider a trigger job a plus on these since it is real easy to create a condition where the hammer follows the slide down if you don't know what you are doing. If its a good trigger job, then that is a different matter.

I'd figure about $180-200 for a used FEG and then add the cost of the used holster and gear. Depending on what brand the hi-cap mag is, it may be worth a little more or it may not be worth a damn if its USA or some other low-quality brand.