Hi-Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifletom

Bear with me here, but after reading some reviews here and there, I'am considering buying one in .45acp, well, just for the hell of it. Now, the question: Are they legal to purchase in Ca.?

JasonJ

hardly a waste of money if youre buying it for fun/plinking/to try it out.

I have their 995 9mm carbine and the 45 pistol. the pistol is heavy, yes, as a loarge bore blowback would be.. but its accurate and reliable.

its not refined, elegant, or exquisite- but if you consider firearms a tool and are looking at function over form, theyre... unique and not a bad consideration.

certainly wouldnt recommend it as an "only gun I own" pistol- but if you got an extra $149 laying around, go for it.

9mm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090103191456AALVhM3

At the present time the Hi-Point .45 ACP is not included on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California.
Since there doesn't seem to be anything in the design that automatically disqualifies the .45 ACP, it is likely that Hi-Point has not submitted the weapon for testing. Contact Hi-Point and ask them when and if it will be available on the California market.

To get a pistol that is not on the list is a bit tricky. Basically, you need to find a used one that is for sale by a California resident that has legally been imported into the state. An example would be someone living in Arizona bought one then brought it with them when they moved into California and completed the New Resident Handgun Ownership Report.
3 years ago
Report Abuse

3 years ago though...

Cheapshooter

I'am considering buying one in .45acp, well, just for the hell of it.
The perfect reason to buy a Hi-Point!!!:eek:
Now:
1. Move to a free country!!!
2. Don't listen to the Hi-Point dissing gun snobs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.