Hi Point is making a 1911 now

David the Gnome

00630L.jpg

Or at least someone is trying to imitate them...

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=569_8_652&products_id=6481

ShipWreck

That's not a hi point silly - If I remember right - that is Hogue's upper. It is supped to be very accurate. I think the barrel stays stationary or something.

MLeake

Is it just me...

.... or does that bear a lot of resemblance to the 1911 knockoff bb guns made by Daisy or Crosman?

I realize it's an actual .45, but the rear contour really reminds me of the bb guns.

MTT TL

The Avenger system provides a complete replacement for the upper slide and barrel on 1911 style frames. Avenger features a fixed barrel for the ultimate in accuracy, instantly converting a stock 1911 style receiver into a match ready race gun. And who doesn't have a 1911 around?

The patented Avenger is an entirely new handgun action that is different from anything else ever made before! This new action eliminates the problems associated with using a fixed barrel with high power cartridges. The Avenger is not gas operated and in comparison installs easily on the frame and doesn't suffer from gas operated fouling problems, in fact, the Avenger even works well with lead bullets. The extreme accuracy comes from a match barrel fixed in place with the sighting device, there is simply no movement between the sight and the barrel. The fixed barrel eliminates the need for the costly gunsmithing required to precision fit a conventional slide and barrel.

Avenger shown as sold with removable Picatinny rail installed Integral open sights are fully adjustable. (receiver not included!)

http://www.getgrip.com/main/whatsnew/avenger.html

JasonJ

I'm glad all of your egos are now fully stroked for poking fun. Why dont we post something useful instead of wasting bandwidth and webspace.

predecessor

I'm glad all of your egos are now fully stroked for poking fun. Why dont we post something useful instead of wasting bandwidth and webspace.

I'm glad your ego is now fully stroked for reprimanding those who poked fun. Ironically, your post was no more useful than any other on this thread :p

Tom Servo - your photo shop Hi-Point 1911 put a smile on my face after a long day. Thank you!

Sarge

You should be flogged for doing that to an honorable old warhorse, Servo...

If it'd been a Kimber I could have forgiven ya ;)