hi point 9mm carbine jam

moisanfan11

The bolt on my hi point 9mm carbine keeps getting stuck open. it is clean but does this a lot and don't know why. the way it gets stuck is the bolt won't go back or forward,I know it isn't a stay open bolt. Any ideas on why this would happen and how to correct it

Alabama Shooter

If you removed the magazine sprayed a bunch of lube in there and can see no obstructions put it in a box and send it to high point for a free fix up (call first). Some guns are not worth fixing on your own.

IDT

+1 for return for repair.

Break it down and give it a good cleaning first though. There may be a foreign object lodged in there or just a buildup of carbon from shooting cheap ammo. I have a Hi-Point 9mm and frigging love it. It's basically my "truck gun" and despite all the hate people throw at Hi-Point their customer service is second to none.

If you can't see anything obvious go to this link:http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/contact/repair_form.html and fill out that online service request - then call customer service at 419-747-9444 to find out HOW they way you to send it to them... then sit back and wait for your gun to be repaired for free and sent back better than it was before.

EDIT:
I've written a forum review & thread on how I drastically changed the Hi-Point carbine to an asthetically pleasing weapon with some added jiggers for functionality. It's still a 9mm carbine, but it -- IN MY OPINION -- is better now. - take a look at that here: http://www.blackthornforum.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=44

Last edited:

chris in va

I had a similar issue. A pice of the bolt broke off and jammed up the works. Yet another trip back to Beemiller.:rolleyes:

Don't send it overnight though. I got to be a pro at this. Have a gun store send it UPS ground and save a wad of $$$.

FrosSsT

Got rid of my 995. You get what you pay for - theyre not bad for the price range but quality costs money.

They are good guns.. don't let one bad example cause you to judge differently. I have seen some of the best brand guns come out of the factory as a dud.

you should watch the torture test by iraqveteran8888 in youtube of a 9mm hipoint handgun if you doubt it.