Hi Point 995 Carbine mags(HELP)

farmall

Hi, M-85 and welcome to the forum. I have the same setup as you, 995 with ATI stock. I had no trouble using a friends Promag in my gun. The pro mag, though, is total crap in my opinion. We were exchanging magazines to diagnose feed problems. Everything indicated the Promag was at fault.
YMMV.

Andy

lipadj46

There is no other option besides the factory 10 rounder. The promag 15 rounder is a paperweight it just does not work. If you know what you are doing yo can get it to work but it takes some modification and is not worth it for an extra 5 rounds.

predator86

think hard about your purchase......for only a little more you could get something that is not made out of melted down matchbox cars....

chris in va

Seriously, someone should sue ProMag for putting mags on the market that simply don't work at all. The HiPoint 15rd is a classic example, one sits in my junk drawer right now.:mad:

ritepath

when is the new 995 stock going to start showing up?

stock2.jpg

for the money you can't beat a 995 carbine....back in Jan 09 I found them for 179 but passed them up for a sub2000. Now I wish I'd bought one just to put in the safe.

Ridge_Runner_5

995 carbine = great gun. Even better with the ATI stock.

Pro-mag mags are junk. The only magazines they have seemed to do a good job on in all of their history are AK-47 magazines and GSG-5 magazines. Avoid them at all costs otherwise.

alaskaman94

the promags do work ok if u leave ten rounds in tham for like a month and they do fit in the ati stock with a little modding. but im happier with a coulple of ten rounders that never jam than a 15 that jams once a mag. i LOVE my 995

lipadj46

think hard about your purchase......for only a little more you could get something that is not made out of melted down matchbox cars....

What reliable, semi auto carbine can you get for a bit more than $170 that has an unconditional lifetime transferrable warranty?

Crosshair

Like an AR-15's that is made out of melted down beer cans? ;)

The 15 rounders are absolute trash. I was an idiot and bought 3. I could go through 4 Hi-Point 10 rounders faster than I could go through one 15 round Pro-mag.

chris in va

I'd love to know the "mod" that makes those 15rd mags work. Mine won't even lock in the gun, and I tried removing that plastic spacer.