Rock Island
Kimber
Wilson Combat
STI
SVI
Les Baer

Last edited:

B. Lahey

There is an Israeli company called BUL that makes a plastic-frame 1911 that holds a bunch of rounds. Kimber used to import them, and I think Charles Daley does now. I've heard they are nice, but magazines are a problem. They are apparently nearly impossible to find.

That may have changed with the new import deal with CD. I hope so, anyway. I looked into getting one a while back but held off because of the mag situation.

BanditSRT8

For my money I would go with STI. They make some outstanding pieces many of which are match grade for a reasonable price.

NWdude83

I own a stainless Para P-14. I like it, but I am considering selling it for a more traditional single stack 1911. Probably a 5" stainless Colt XSE.

BerettaFox

paras are dang fine weapons. once the clips are a little broken in anyways. a friend of mine just got a wide body and it's niiiiiice. very accurate, kicks like a 9mm.

even11

Para's are very well made weapons, with an incredible warranty and customer service to back them up. I have 2 Paras right now and will have more in the future. I would recommend the Para line over the other options.

-Dane