Hexolit32 12 ga. 2 3/4 high brass rounds for home defense

Moby

I feel this is one of the finest home defense rounds for my particular home.
I say that because my child (13 year old little princess and the ruler of my wallet) has her room on the second floor of the home
while the master bedroom is on the first floor. This is a slug round so for a single story home this may not be the best round for your home.
God forbid I ever need them and if asked , I'll explain why I chose a round so deadly for home defense, I'll answer, "because I couldn't find a round possessed by the devil himslef" and this is my home.
LOL
The rounds I've purchased are Hexolit32 12 ga. 2 3/4 high brass rounds.
VERY devastating. I hope I never need them. I feel they're a non survivable round.
But then again...is any 12 ga. round well placed at close quarters (in the home) survivable?
:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PytDHU-Tk

jmortimer

Yes it will work. Winchester has a segmenting PDX - will turn into three projectiles after impact which looks good as well for home defense. I'm still partial to buckshot #1 to 000

Pyzon

Buy some, stack up some drywall and plywood simulated floor and wall framing and see how much stuff these will plow through. I hope you conclude slugs are a poor home defense choice for that and other reasons.

And buy some 4 buck and 000 buck and compare. See if they shoot to point of aim. See how the pattern spreads at 3, 5, 10, 15 yards. Get an idea where the lead goes, and also how far.