Heritage Stealth

Arub

It's been quite awhile since I read anything on the Heritage Stealth, either 9mm or 40cal. Can any of you owners/previous owners provide an update on reliability and endurance or any other qualities or lack thereof? Last post I read seemed positive, except for the location of the safety. That was before the first of this year. How about an update, folks?

The reason for this request is that I have found a pair of Stealths, both a 9mm and a 40cal I'm thinking of adding to the collection.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Erich

I used to have a Stealth in 9mm, liked it a lot. Run a search on "Heritage Stealth" and you can find a lot of balloon juice from me on its pluses and minuses. I sold it years ago, so there's nothing to update from me.

If the price is right . . .

glockdoc

What bothers me isn't so much the location of the safety as its detents. There were none on a Stealth I held at a gun show some time ago. The safety could be swivelled back and forth but I never felt it lock into position anywhere. That was just one gun, so maybe it was a fluke.

LIProgun

I am a fan of the Stealth too. But the comment on the safety is a good one. My safety is a little too loose for my liking. However, I find I can live with it. I don't want the safety engaged (it is unnecessary on an action of that design, IMO), and knowing that the holster draw will make sure it is off means I can live with it. That is, the tightly boned holster I have swipes the safety off when the gun is drawn.

FWIW, I heard that HMI is not producing the Stealth. I don't think the decision was made to abandon the gun altogether. I think they have suspended production indefinitely.