Heritage SAA 22/22mag combo

turkeestalker

It will do just that, very well. Don't listen to the nay-sayers, it's a dandy revolver for the price point and I doubt you'll be disappointed. Congratulations and happy plinking! :D

ThomasT

Nice looking gun. A local dealer had these and I looked at one last weekend. They had a price of $99 bucks. It looked like a $99 revolver. The link you posted has a price of $300. I am guessing you paid less for it? A report will be needed when you get it.

Cheapshooter

I have two. A 6" regular grip, and a 4 3/4 Birds Head. Both the ZAMAK frame, and both with the 22LR/22MAG cylinders. Both were well under $200, and I have not had any problems with either. My only complaint, which I have learned to deal with, is the useless, and ridiculous safety.

ADK_mechEtech

I've got the ruger version of that from at least 30 years ago. It is quite accurate but terribly uncomfortable for me. Sadly the 22 mag cylinder for mine had gotten left in the unheated garage and rusted badly.

If it's comfortable for you to shoot it's a great plinking gun. The 22 snake shot rounds are fun too.

osbornk

I've had the alloy version with the case hardened finish for a few years. It has been trouble free and is a pretty accurate gun. I like it a lot and it goes nicely with my Henry lever action rifle. I only shot the mag cylinder once because I found it to be painfully loud. Mine will last a lifetime and yours is better with the steel frame.

t45

I've got the ZAMAK frame 22rf/22mag combo in 6 1/2" and it's a cool little gun for not much money. It does just what I wanted it for (to kill aluminum cans). No it's not a Colt SAA or a Ruger by any stretch but your not paying for that either.

CajunBass

I bought one a week or so ago. I got the "Pot Metal" version. I thought it was pretty nice for a $149.00 gun.

I had it at the range yesterday and put about thirty rounds or so through it. Sorry I didn't shoot more but I HATE shooting 22's at paper targets. It did work just fine and hit where I was aiming. I wish I still lived out in the country where I could shoot cans and such.

I had to laugh. Fellow in the next lane asked me if it was a Ruger. :)

TomADC

Just got a email from my FFL dealer his supplier made a mistake no steel frames in stock and they can't locate one. LGS is still looking.

TomADC

Just a question but reading some of the comments, should I just spring for the aluminum frame, those that own one seem happy. May be a little cheaper.

Cheapshooter

Just buy the alloy (ZAMAK) framed gun, and be happy. Unless you expect it to be a family heirloom into the next century. Then spend the 3x$ on a Ruger.

Seven High

The Heritage SSA models do not have an adjustable rear sight variant that I am aware of. That is a deal breaker for me.