Heritage/Champion safes, any good?

skeeter

I never heard of them. I heard of Liberty, AMSEC, Ft.Knox, Cannon but not them. I looked over their catalog and what I did not like was at the back of the Champion catalog they say, "Just as you wouldn't buy a car without looking under the hood, neither should you buy a safe without looking behind the door panel. We're proud to show you our boltworks - not hesitant as some competitors are...". No where in the catalog, and the back page is basically blank, do they show the boltworks or any of the mechanism. If it is so important why didn't they show the internals?
Anyway, I think I narrowed down the choice to a AMSEC safe, no fancy paint job, just good fire protection.
Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

a1abdj

Champion safe is similar to most of the other large brand name companies. Although I may be mistaken, I think the owner(s) of Champion had some past relationship with Liberty and went off on their own.

They build some OK gun safes, but if you're looking at the AMSEC BF series, they aren't going to have much to compete with it. AMSEC has also increased their prices effective November 15, so I would decide within the next few days and place your order with whoever you're buying it from. It will save you a few hundred dollars.