Here's some Gun Bling for ya.....

RickB

Gold-plating a $200, sheetmetal gun? I remember seeing a fully-engraved pistol at a display for engravers, and then noticed it was a $300 gun with $3000 worth of engraving. I don't get it.

Skans

Don't forget, guys, it's an open bolt - that ain't just a $200 gun. I don't know, the more I look at it, I'm sort of liking it - in a gangsta sort of way :D- at least the polish and plating seem to be well done. Its sort of like gold plating a forklift.:D:D:D

markj

24 caret is way soft, better if it was 14 carat, would be a tougher finish.

Used to be able to buy full auto kits for these? in the 80s? kinda foggy....

glockcompact

I guess I'm not one for show piece guns. I would rather have the standard mac10. And the rest of the funds in more fine weaponry.

Rachen

It kind of reminds me of hanging a chandelier in an outhouse. Somebody had more money than sense IMHO.

The mental image of that got me cracking up real good! :eek::D

I normally only view engraved/plated guns as works of art, and once they have been engraved, I don't think I would want to continue to use it as it is, and subject it to wind, water, and subzero temperatures.

I would never think about engraving/plating my hunting revolvers, because with the amount of use that I subject them to, the gold plating would be worn off by the time I go back to civilization to resupply and get fuel, etc.:eek:

MLeake

RickB, you say that as though it makes sense to gold-plate some other gun...

Engraving on something high end, like an H&H, I could see. Gold plate, even on an H&H double, would just strike me as stupid.

Nickel Plated

RickB, you say that as though it makes sense to gold-plate some other gun...

Engraving on something high end, like an H&H, I could see. Gold plate, even on an H&H double, would just strike me as stupid.

I like a little gold plating here and there in moderation. Like plating the various switches and minor parts of a blued pistol. But plating the whole thing is just tacky. It's all about being tasteful.