Here's an M-4 picture

Apeach

Man, I wanna know where P-35 is getting these pictures from. All of the ones he's shown have been some quite interesting pieces of eqiupment. If I'm not mistaken, I think the thing on top is an IR laser designation unit, but I'm not quite sure. All I know is that regular soldiers usually dont get to play with weapons like that.

I assume it's an issued rifle, which is a good thing that the shooter won't go "oh damn, another scratch" when in field use. :D I guess wear and tear doesn't matter once the bullets are flying over your head.

Celt

From the looks of the bunker that the picts where taken in,
He must have a buddy over in Afganistan or something.

These are not the run of the mill infantry weapons either. Ranger, SF or Delta.
The SPR is made by the Special forces group and the USAMU Match shop.
It uses Armalite M4A flat top uppers and either a Douglas, Krieger or Schnieder barrel. A two stage match full auto trigger from Knights arm. or a single stage full auto trigger from accuracy speaks.

Ide sure like to have one :)

FWIW
Celt

uglygun

This is an SPR, quite different than an M4A1 with a few SOPMOD accesories.

Very different hanguard, extended rail, barrel, and Ops-Inc muzzle brake taht works in combo with an Ops-Inc suppressor that attaches at two points from what I hear.
spr_1.jpg

Kaylee

P-35 posted a picture of one of those SPR-things a few days ago -- that's what Celt was referring to. He sounds like he knows the dif. ;)

-K

Celt

Thanks Kaylee,
The other picture was indeed what In was speaking of.
I certainly know the difference.
I looked at the other picts when someone in the thread asked where he got all those cool picts.

Yes it does use the OPS INC supressor. They are very effective. from my sources in Canada that use them on thier .338 Lapua SWS rifles that are at present up for testing as the issue Sniper rifle for the Cannadian SF troops.

it also has a real nice folding front sight that is made by precision reflex co. It is spring loaded and will return up right even when knocked down.

Celt

uglygun

heh, too many picture threads to keep up with. Can't believe I'd missed an SPR thread.

Funny thing going on now, looks like the M4gery craze is going to come to an end as people try to move onto the SPR craze. Lots of people have been goin after various SPR build ups lately, MSTN is happy to help provide all the goodies as well.

DonP

A very different look from the "show rat" AR-15's ain't it?

IMHO, It's nice to see a rifle that has seen actual use.

It seems that a lot of folks are going out of their way to try and make everything look bright and shiny new on a used AR-15/M-16. To me a used rifle with the wear marks of hands that have carried it and the dents and dings that come from having to hit the ground unexpectedly or bracing the rifle against a tree trunk or a shot up wall, give it character.

I would no more clean up all the little cosmetic stock and receiver scratches on my M-16 based AR than try and steam out the dings from my late 1943 M-1 Garand. It's the history of the rifle.

If you listen real carefully, and do just a little bit of reading on the history of the era, these old and new rifles speak very eloquently to anyone that cares to listen. This M-4 has tales to tell, just like all other battle rifles.

Don P.

uglygun

Heh, what do you think part of the reason is for my nickname uglygun ? :) Got quite a few nicked rifles, just like you said, most of those nicks carry a story.

Foxy

I would wager a Ranger carried it.. it looks like a Ranger Body Armor (RBA) vest to my untrained eyes.

James K

Member In Memoriam
I wonder what the "ooh, I shot my new gun and it got a mark on it what will I do" folks think of that one.

Jim

dZ

the expedient military rifle camo jobs of late look like a couple o cans of flat krylon and some fern friskets. I gather wear and tear on the finish is not an issue

i have saved some web news pix of some new issue camo M4s and an SPR in the Philipines

if y'all want some more eye candy i will post em