Here I am again - Sold my 9mm

madmo44mag

I just can’t seem to hold on too 9mm pistols.
I sold my S&W 908 to a buddies wife that just had to have it.
Bought me a M57a that was a great range gun and CCW pretty well.
Now I just sold that to a buddy that feel in love with it.
So back to looking for another 9mm.
I am working on a $500.00 budget +/- a little extra depending on the gun.
I really want something in a 1911 style but open to options.
Sooooo what say my fellow forum members.
What would you be looking to buy?

DaleA

Oh boy, a new 9mm! And a person with (I think---based on your previous selections---an open mind!) IMhO the world is your oyster!

The Walthers have got some good press right here in this forum but I've never handled one so I can't say for sure.

There's always the Glocks.

1911's from Springfield and a host of others are soft shooting nice guns.

Ruger has 9mm in the SR model, the American Model and the LC9. Please note in the LC9 line up there is the old hammer fired LC9 with the long (and maybe gritty) trigger pull, the LC9S striker fired, and the LC9S striker fired without the manual safety and without the magazine disconnect.

CZ75 was well liked by the late Colonel Jeff Cooper.

S&W might be selling a couple...

Things are wide open for you!
Good luck.

triplebike

If it's a 1911 you're looking for, the very best value out there is a RIA TACTICAL 9MM. It's under $500 new. Excellent firearm, excellent lifetime warranty & one of the best customer service's available.

Last edited:

madmo44mag

The RI I like and have shot a few. Not real keen on the sights but a good option.
A little curios about the S&W M&P full sized 9mm.
Anyone have any 1st hand info to share?

DubC-Hicks

I had an M&P9 full size for about a year. Ended up getting rid of it for a Gen 4 Glock 17. I never could get used to the trigger, they're not great from the factory. The Apex kit does help, but I still just preferred glocks. It wasn't a bad gun by any means though, it was reliable and very ergonomic.

RoughDivider

Just out of curiosity which trigger kit did you get from apex? Also I love my compact M&P and with the apex kit with the forward set sear it shoots like a dream. Glocks are always great guns but I can't ever seem to comfortably hold them so I'll probably never own one. I can't help with 1911 style guns.

DubC-Hicks

Roughdivider, I never bought one for my M&P. Instead of putting money into it to make it likeable, I traded it for the Glock. I tried a few owned by friends that had apex kits. They were a definite improvement over stock.

Cheapshooter

My next (I don't suffer from your ailment, see below!:D) 9MM will probably be a Tristar P120. CZ75 copy much like the CZ SP 01.
Well within your budget, and has had great reviews.
Just one suggestion. But if you want to stay 'Marican, you can't go wrong with one of Ruger's offerings.

arnmar

Look into a Rock Island Armory 9mm 1911. I got one about 2 yrs. ago. Mine is one model above a "government" because I like Novak style sights. Very accurate, good trigger. smooth tight action, cycles any ammo and cost $450 when I bought it.

Kvon2

I really want to get my hands in a citadel 1911 in 9mm. They have a great reputation as far as reliability is concerned.

Cyanide971

CZ P-07 is another option as well. You can run it as a TDA or, take the decock levers off and switch them out for the safety levers if cocked-and-locked is your preference. The pistol is roughly the same size as the Glock 19 in dimensions, but a much more narrower grip while still retaining a 15+1 capacity.

Last edited:

TailGator

I am working on a $500.00 budget +/- a little extra depending on the gun.
I really want something in a 1911 style but open to options.

I thought RIA immediately after reading that. I don't own one, but I have drooled over several.

Cheapshooter

Never been a Glock fan. Just don't like the way the feel in my big hands[/B]. Just feels strange.
______

More reason to take a look at CZ 75 variants, and clones. Might want to take a look at a Beretta 92fs as well

tallball

My FiL and I own... I dunno... nine or so 9mm pistols between us.

We really like our Star Super B's. They look and feel like 1911's. These are milsurp pistols made in Spain and used for military/police weapons in various countries. Neither of ours had been shot much, and neither of us paid more than $250 OTD. If you run across one that is gently used and reasonably priced, they are sturdy high-quality pistols.

The Stars are probably our second favorites. Our favorites are our CZ75 variants. I have a 9mm Tanfoglio Witness "clone", and he has an actual CZ75. The triggers, sights, accuracy, ergonomics, etc are all excellent for us. They aren't like 1911's, but they are excellent pistols.

Here is my Star. I don't think it was ever used much. My FiL liked it so much that he got one too. His appeared to be NIB.

5a33b013-68df-4590-a966-7ec51194954a_zps8ece0ofq.jpg

Last edited:

Mikef262

Maybe a post war p38 or whatever their technical name ism it would definitely be different than most. To me it kinda resembles a beretta. Only down side is its single stack. It would certainly make for conversation though!