Hera CQR Buttstock and forearm?

smee78

So has anyone used the Hera CQR Buttstock and forearm on any of there builds? I have an interest in them and am thinking about picking up a set for my next build. Any info yall can share would be great.

smee78

So 109 people have looked but no one on the board has ever used these? Man, I figured one of us would have used them before?

Fishbed77

So 109 people have looked but no one on the board has ever used these? Man, I figured one of us would have used them before?

I wouldn't be so surprised to learn that not many have experience with them. It certainly looks cool in a '90s sci-fi sort of way, but most folks are likely looking for options they find more practical.

It's a weird, over-priced thumbhole stock with the type of extreme grip angle that is rapidly losing popularity among AR-15 users. Few people want thumbhole stocks if they have other options, and even the A2 grip angle is considered too angled by many folks today.

Last edited:

WeedWacker

On day I'd like to build an SBR using this kit just as a range toy. It is aesthetically pleasing, albeit probably not ergonomic. My grips have always been the Magpul MOE or MIAD, but I'm leaning more and more toward getting a K2 or BCM gunfighter mod 1 for my 11.5" build.

bfoosh006

Not a fan of the design.

And frankly... the lack of comments, might make this one of the more polite gun forums.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

50 shooter

I think they were going for the P90 look and the states that ban aftermarket parts that make your rifle look more evil. The kit comes with the plugs to cover the thumb holes up on both parts.

Be sure to shop around, the price varies depending on where you shop. Check Gun Broker and Ebay first as they will more than likely have the best price.

Fishbed77

finally someone with some first hand experience.

Hmm... You asked a question, complained when you didn't get a response fast enough, got multiple responses about the design (angled grips and their lack of popularity/ergonomics), then complained because you got responses?

Some people you just can't please.

smee78

Thank you Fishbed for providing again nothing of importance to the topic.

I never complained, I was bumping the topic back up to the top of the discussion board after waiting a week in the hopes of getting relative information about the stocks. Talking about 90's scifi, stating that no one wants a thumb hole stock and calling a product weird is useless and seems to be typical with your 4704 post you've posted.