Henry Rifle

Hawg

You can get a Henry Big Boy in 44 mag/spcl but not .38/357 but it looks nothing like an original Henry. You can get a Uberti 73 Winchester in .38/.357.

Jim Watson

There has been some work done on converting .44-40s to .44 Special or Russian. Search on the SASS Wire, I think that was where I read about it.

Hawg

I don't think you can easily go from 44-40 to 44 spcl. You can ream a chamber and go from 44 spcl. to 44-40 tho.

Jim Watson

I didn't say "easily" I said it has been worked on. I recall talk of chamber bushings in some cases, of setting the barrel back and rechambering (which would be a BIG job on a Henry) in others. It won't be cheap but I don't mind spending vostracker's money.

CraigC

I also read recently about sleeving the chamber on the .44-40's but I don't remember where.

I'd really like to have a .44Spl Henry 1860 too. Would go nicely with my Open Top and 1860 .44Colts. I believe they were manufactured a short time ago but not any longer.

vostracker

Henry

Thanks for spending my money guy's. I just dont see why Uberti or others havent done them in 44spl or 38/357. I have a Uberti 1866 in 38spl and its a tack driver. Guess I'll have to settle for a 73 in one of the calibers.

CraigC: Im like you, I would like something to go along with my revolvers without going to another cailber like 45Colt.

Hawg

Henry Repeating Arms Big Boy is available in both .38/.357 and .44.
It sure is, didn't realize that. But it still isn't a copy of anything historical if that matters to anybody but me.

Bootsie

Uberti is making the iron frame Henry in .44 Special on special order. I have one and I know other pards in the USA who have one, too.
I don't know if they do the brass frame Henry in .44 Special, however.
I had my brass frame Henry converted from .44-40 to shoot .44 colt by setting back the barrel and cutting a new chamber. The barrel length is now 24" after 24,5" originally from Uberti. Rycling reliability and accuracy are fine.
Bootsie

vostracker

44spl

Bootsie: Thanks for that info. I guess I'll have to check with Uberti on the cost for a Henry in 44spl. I like the iron frame.