Henry Big Boy rifle in .357 Mag / .38 spl

BigJimP

I ordered a Henry last week / it came in today - and I took it to the range for sighting in / and a little recreation ....

No problem putting 10 rds in a 1" group at 25 yards from the benchrest / the trigger is so good, I honestly had no trouble shooting a 2" group off-hand and my eyes are not good ... The throw on the action is short / and its very smooth ( even new ).

Octagon barrel, solid brass receiver -nice walnut stock -- nothing bad to report. Take a chance on one if you have the urge .... It holds 10 rds of .357 mag ( probably 12 in .38 spl although I didn't have any .38's with me so not sure / but it cycles both .38 spl and .357 mag without any issues.

My days of big game hunting are way over / this is just a plinking gun for me / something for the grandkids to play with ...but its a very nice rifle for about $ 800 ( $ 900 list ).

longranger

I'll take my $800.00-$900.00 and buy a Browning or Winchester.Brass receivers are not the best material for gun building.Just my opinion,If they would offer a nice CCH receiver I could be enticed.:rolleyes: