Henry Big Boy .44mag?

tjhands

Does anyone here own one of these or shot one? Impressions? I think it looks like a cool gun to mess around with at 50-100 yards. :)

Gewehr98

I picked one up at Gander Mountain the other day...

Just to get a closer look. First impression? Boy, it's HEAVY! Recoil should be no problem, regardless of what .44 Magnum load you're running. A .44 Special load should be really fun. No loading gate, either, you have to feed it through the magazine tube, just like a rimfire. If you don't mind polishing the brass receiver and barrel band, the gun might make a suitable replacement for the now-discontinued Winchester Model 94 in .44 Magnum.

the gun is made out of the same stuff your cases are made out of!, I wouldnt trust it, then again maybe I am missing something?? the recoil would distort such a soft metal no?
Chase

DonR101395

I don't have a large caliber, but a westerner's arms .22. It's alot of fun to but keeping the brass looking nice is a real pita. I'd still get another brass rifle though.

tjhands

Thanks, guys.

I haven't even seen one in person, so I have a ways to go before buying it. Just wanted to see if anyone here had shot it. :)

gak

Nice enough gun but much prefer the sleeker character, lightweight, traditional loading and slick action of the Winchester 92 design - as available now via various Rossi importers (EMF, LSI...Navy Arms also but no .44 Mag), as well as Armi Sport via Taylor's and Cimarron though the latter is pricier. By the way, EMF availability of .44 Mag models also much greater than the website shows.