Henry 357 firing pin?

chris in va

My firing pin broke today, snapped off the tip. One year old gun, nothing overpowered and zero dry firing.

I've read accounts of this happening more than it should, is there an aftermarket that is stronger?

stinkeypete

I have heard nothing but good about Henry’s customer service. I will bet you an internet beer that if you call them, they would send you two, if you asked.

44 AMP

Staff
Firing pins, like extractors, sometimes just break. This includes good designs made with good quality materials as well as lesser quality ones.

I have no idea what aftermarket parts are available for Henry's but do consider this, just because someone makes, markets, and claims their part is superior to factory original doesn't mean it actually is. Might be, might not be. Roll the dice for yourself, and see....

Geezerbiker

Firing pins, like extractors, sometimes just break. This includes good designs made with good quality materials as well as lesser quality ones.

I have no idea what aftermarket parts are available for Henry's but do consider this, just because someone makes, markets, and claims their part is superior to factory original doesn't mean it actually is. Might be, might not be. Roll the dice for yourself, and see....
Truer words were never spoken...

Tony

Rob228

Ranger Point Precision has a TON of aftermarket lever gun parts, but a search did not show any aftermarket firing pins.

Geezerbiker

It could just be bad luck of the draw and you got a rifle with a flawed firing pin from the factory. It happens to the best of them and that's why they have warranties...

Tony

Nick_C_S

Just wish I knew what caused it.

If you're anything like me, you have a strong need to know the reason. Now that I've cast a shadow for some six decades, I've learned to just let it go sometimes - not that it's easy.

44 AMP likely covered it in post #4, first sentence.

I had a firing pin spring break on my S&W model 67 once. I have no idea why. Only had about 16,000 rounds through it :p.

I too have a Henry 357 Mag. No problems at all. It has been just a wonderful gun so far. I don't have a lot of rounds through it though - maybe 500-ish. But I shoot almost entirely full-full-throttle 357's through it. I'll sound off here if anything breaks.