Help!!!!!!

denfoote

I just bought an unissued Bulgarian Makarov. I have a question. Can I find out when my pistol was made by the serial number??? The number is KT 24 xxxx. I know that it was made in Bulgaria due to the "circle 10" mark on the frame. I just want to know when!!!!! I have posted this everywhere I can think of, including makarov.com. I have yet to get a response. I have even e-mailed Dr. Karl. Please help me!!!! Even the news that there is no way to find out would be helpfull, although I can't imagine that being the case.

denfoote

Alamo, His e-mail link is cold!!!!
No4mk1: Then what does the "KT" mean?? In Soviet pistols, the letters refer to a date code.
Anyway I might have solved the problem. I e-mailed the Bulgarian Embassy in Washington DC, and asked them for help in putting me in touch with someone who can answer my question.

Hays

denfoote:

Please post what you find out. I also own a Bulgarian Mak and would greatly appreciate any information you uncover. Thanks.

denfoote

I received an e-mail from the Bulgarian Government today stating that they were sorry, but they could not handle that request. Back to square one I guess!!!:(

Update: I just had another flash of what may be brilliance.
I found the web site for the American University in Bulgaria. There, I found the e-mail address of one Dr. Serguey Ivanov, Professor of History. I sent him an e-mail asking him my question. We shall see!!!!

[Edited by denfoote on 03-16-2001 at 06:13 PM]