HELP - would you do this trade?

2002gti

i have been offered a norinco sks - non thumbhole stock with fixed magazine and $350 for my very nice HRA garand. i have seen the sks on auctions for $150-$200 but me being in california i wont be able to get one any other way. i bought the garand from cmp for $400 and they dont have anymore hra's for me to get a replacement. tough decision for me, hopefully you can give me some reccomendations

Rojoe67

just me..........

I would NOT do this trade.......... You have a Garand :D

Is something wrong with the Garand? If not........ Why would you even question your own knowledge......an SKS Norinco and a little cash just aint doing anything for me......... but that is just me......... Best of luck but think it over night or a few.........don't rush this idea because in a week you might be upset you did it.......

Regards....... Rojoe

joab

If and only if I could replace the Garand for $450 or less, which you already said that cannot.
Unless of course you are in a very bad financial bind
SkSs are fun guns but nowhere near the prestige of a Garand.

If you must have an SKS get the California castrated Yugo

Wynterbourne

Let me think of the most proper response for this. Hrmmm...

Ain't no way in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks you should do this trade, man.

2002gti

thanks guys, the only reason im thinking about it is that i'd have the sks for $50 out of pocket. i already have a russian.

Big Ruger

GO TELL YOUR MAMA YOU NEED A SMACK! FOR EVEN THINKIN SUCH EVIL THINGS! sks for a GARAND. (walks off mumbling) brickabrackasassafracka :eek: :D

USP45usp

If you would have done that trade, you would have never have lived it down.

Norinco for $350, BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Sorry.

I think I paid around $300 for both of mine, and one is a parts gun (well, now).

$400 for the Garand, great price, you're not going to find that again.

IIRC, the Norinco SKS is still legal in CA as long as it's not been modified (except for the bayonet lug being removed).

Thank you for not trading, I would have felt bad about giving you a hard time about it.

Wayne

*just to clarify, I wasn't the one trying to trade like the last sentence may seem, I'm just glad that he didn't trade in general because I would have felt bad about giving him a hard time.