Help with PPK

STAGE 2

I picked up a second PPK in .380 the other day and I finally had some free time to clean it. For some reason I cant get the damn thing field stripped. I pull the triggerguard, pull the slide all the way back and lift up but the thing wont go anywhere. I've taken apart my makarovs and my interarms PPK hundreds of times. What in the hell am I doing wrong?

BOBA FETT

i am willing to bet you have the blued version right ??? i had a blued ppk brand new and it was a real bitch to take the slide off the frame...i found that i had to pull back the slide and lift off the frame with a forceful motion...really quick and foreceful and it should work for you...for some reason the polished metal ppks come apart real easy.....with breaking in of the gun it should get a bit easier...

Combat Kenny

Hi,

Just a thought, take it back to the store and ask them if they can field strip it for you. If they can, see if they can exchange or refund?

Good luck

denfoote

My blued PPK/S wad a real bear to take down at first!! Don't be timid with it!!
Show it who's boss and soon you will have a docile pony!!

BigV

First make sure the magazine has been removed. Pull the trigger housing down and rest it on the frame in the down position (you may have to hold the housing in place with your right index finger). Then using your left hand pull the slide all the way to the rear and lift it off pulling the rear of the slide up first. That’s pretty much all there is to it.