Help with my Sig

patrol

I just got a Sig P239 and I didnt even think about the hammer "nowrl" just like my P220..I carry IWB Holster and the thing is torture because the sharp part of the hammer stabs my body to the point i can't carry IWB..I know the DAK has the flat hammer but I like the standard double to single action I have now..any reccomendations on what I should do..should I risk using my drimmel and removing the sharp tip to make it flat or send it to sig and let them change the whole action to the DAK..I called them and that is the only thing they suggest and it will cost too much..i couldnt pass on this pistol because i got it new at $500. any suggestions would be appreciated..thanks

Icopy1

Do you have an older 220 with the sharp hammer or a newer 220 with the more rounded hammer? If so, swap out the hammers. Also consider a blade-tech IWB holster. Mine has a shirt guard that prevents the slide and hammer from getting caught on the shirt as well as poking you in the sides. They are very reasonably priced. Hope this helps.

Master Blaster

Get a different holster from a quality holster maker, they will have a shield that stops the hammer from making contact with your side and protects the gun from your sweat.

xrocket

Invest in a new holster. I daily CC a Sig 239 / 357sig in an M-tac. Zero side bite and easy on and off.

Yes, you will need to get a holster with a high rise body shield. Worse case scenario, find the holster you like and have an extra piece of leather added to cover the hammer. Its always easier and cheaper to replace and modify a leather holster than a metal hammer.

I make my own holsters and I always make sure Ive got good coverage to avoid scratches to the skin and sweat damage to the gun.