Help with Identification

Doc Hoy

Experts,

I have a single shot percussion pistol which I purchased in about 1985 in Spain. The pistol did not have a box or paperwork.

The only identification mark I can find on the pistol is the upper case letters "AMR" inside of a diamond. (A Michigan site intimated "Rossi" but I don't know if they made black powder firearms in the modern era.)

It resembles a dueling pistol and is .45 cal. Serial number is 66254.

The lock, hammer and trigger are blued, the barrel appears to be browned. The barrel wedge is blued. The trigger guard and butt plate is brass casting with a nice deep yellow luster.

The barrel, lock and trigger guard are abundantly engraved.

The grip portion of the stock is checkered but I would say not a high quality checkering job.

The front half of the barrel (octagonal) is fluted.

I have not taken the barrel out to look for additional marks. Pistol is unfired and condition is pristine.

Can anyone help me with identification and value of this pistol?

SDC

"AMR" is a mark used by "Avancarga Anchu" of Eibar, Spain, and is an acronym for "Antonio Marcos Relea"; this is a smaller company that doesn't have a lot of information available on it.

Doc Hoy

Thanks for response

SDC,

Most kind. Thanks for the quick response. Excellent info. And it make perfect sense since as I said the pistol was purchased in Spain.

Don't suppose anyone knows anything about relative quality huh?