Help! Which airport in DC

Larry P.

do I go to for the rally? Washington National or Dulles? I figure one is bound to be closer to the capitol area than the other, just as soon keep taxi fare (and exposure to DC traffic) as low as possible!

Mike Spight

Larry:

moto is right...fly into National/Ronald Reagan. Claim your luggage and walk right into the Metro terminal. Depending on where you're staying, you'll be a reasonable walk or short taxi ride from there.

Mike

Mike in VA

DC National, now Reagan national is the easiest one to get into town from - the Blue Line Metro route from Reagan National takes you to the GWU/Foggy Bottom station (Walk south on 23rd st about 7 block to the lincoln Memorial) or stay on to Smithsonian station, from which you walk west about 1/2 mile past The Washington Monument (aka the big suppository in Washington) to the Lincoln Memorial (the Smithsonian Station is probably a bit closer). Trains run every 12-15 minutes on the weekend.

If you end up at Dulles, the Washington Flyer (tehry have an Info desk on the baggage claim level that will sell you a ticket and tell you where to catch the bus) runs a shuttle to the West Falls Church Metro station ($8.50) where you can take the Orange line into town (the Orange & Blue lines join in Roslyn ago downtown).

Metro has route maps in all the stations, plus detailed maps of the neighborhood around each station. It is an easy system to navigate. Train fare is around $2, a cab is $8-10 last time I checked. I hope to meet some of my TFL brethern & sistern 10/2. M2

Here's a link to Washington Metro Area Transit Authority taht'll give you fares & schedules: http://www.wmata.com/
Also, for getting around DC in general, here's Smartraveler: http://www.smartraveler.com/wdc/
Driving in the DC area is fun with 3 juristictions, 43 police agencies, lotsa immigrints. touristas and diplomats - take Metro if you can. M2

[This message has been edited by Mike in VA (edited September 21, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Mike in VA (edited September 21, 1999).]