Help the poor...

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
... ME!!!
Anyone got a electronic caller they shelved for a new one etc.? I would like to try my hand at coyote calling but cannot afford to buy into a new system. Just want to try out calling and see if I want to settle in. If I can get decent at it, I am sure many local farmers will let me after them.
Brent

fisherman66

We just go out with a distressed rabbit cassette tape and a battery powered "boom box". It's worked every time. You'll see them circle down wind a few hun'erd yards out.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I don't even own the boom box:eek:
I figure a 5 or more year old e-caller would likely help me determine if I am going to play ball with the yodel 'yotes...
Brent

FrontSight

I can send you instructions on making one from radio shack items and an mp3 o cd player...

Not exactly cheap, but cheaper than buying a ready-made unit...

PM me if you're interested, good buddy

hornady

Back in the late 60s. there were only a few call makers and less. Players. Today there are thousands of mouth calls. And they are easier than ever to use. An e-caller will not guarantee results. If starting out. I would put some money out on a couple how to books and a good squeakier ball. And a couple closed reed calls. And get ready for a lot of disappointment’s. But when you get a Brush wolf to come in, you will be hooked for life.

williamd

Any kind of casette player! $20 or less at the pawn. If you can't afford that when are you gonna ask for ammo!? Maybe BHO will send you some.

A Stewart mouth call is more fun!