Help Ruger Vaquero-Blackhawk grips same?

Paul Fitz Jones

I have a small supply of Fitz Nylon-Plastic Duramite blend very realistic stag grips for the Ruger Blackhawlk left from my retirement in 1979 and I am being asked if they will fit the Ruger Vaquero.

Can anyone help? Thanks Paul

Jim March

'Cept for three minor gotchas:

1) I assume you already know the SuperBlackHawk grip frame is a bit different if the trigger guard is the "squareback" type. But there's also a new SuperBlackHawk "Hunter Model" with a round triggerguard but otherwise compatible with SBH grips. The "Hunter" is always stainless and has integral sight ring mounts similar to the SuperRedHawk, plus an abnormal oversize barrel (and in .44Mag).

2) The Bisleys are of course different...there are Bisley Blackhawks, Bisley Vaqueros, both take each other's grips but not the standard Blackhawk/Vaquero grip.

3) There's a new series of Single Six in 32Magnum and now 22LR that have what looks like the standard Blackhawk/Vaquero XR3-RED plowhandle grip - but it's 1/4" shorter. Most other Single Sixes take the XR3-RED grip. The new 22LR can be identified by a fixed-sight frame that's a small-scale copycat of the Vaquero (also known as the "Baby Vaquero").