Help request: Glock 19 Gen 4 dimensions

simonov jr

I am interested in the Glock 19 Gen 4, w the double recoil spring and adjustable grip. I would like to know if the rail mounted laser on my Gen 3 Glock will fit securely on the Gen 4. Does anyone here have access to both the Gen 4 G19 and a caliper? If so, I would MUCH appreciate if you could post the dimensions of the bottom rail interface surface, specifically the width and depth of the cross slot etched into the bottom of the frame, the distance from the end of the frame to the beginning of the cross slot and the overall length of the accessory rail. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give a fellow Glock enthusias...

It's the exact same thing.

I have a Gen 3 and Gen 4 that's on me right now.

The rails are the same.

The grip is different. My Gen 4 with a medium backstrap is the equivalent to the Gen 3 as you see it. Along with more aggressive stippling.

Of course, the recoil spring you mentioned and the mag release are different. Even the dot connector and trigger bar that has the bump on it.

Other than that, all the same.

Your light will fit just fine.

Theohazard

Yep, Constantine nailed it. The rails are the same. I have both a Gen 3 G19 and a Gen 4 G19 and that part of the frame is identical on both guns.

Spats McGee

Administrator
simonov jr said:
. . . . I would like to know if the rail mounted laser on my Gen 3 Glock will fit securely on the Gen 4. Does anyone here have access to both the Gen 4 G19 and a caliper?. . . .
Is there an LGS that has a Gen 4? You could also take the laser down there and ask if you can see if it will fit.