Help!! Replacing factory 1911 sites?

Edward429451

My advice is that not all gunsmiths can properly stake a front sight on a 1911 so you best make it clear that front sight is guaranteed to stay put? After 2 tries on mine the shop stopped doing 1911 sights. I had a local gunsmith cut a dovetail on the front of my slide for the sight. Whaddayaknow, it's still there!

slammedsi

Do ya feel it would be better to send it to say, Wilson and have them do it there? Instead of having a local guy try to..

41mag10mm

I just had Fusion install a match grade .40S&W barrel and bushing in my Colt 10mm. I sent it about 10 days ago and got an email Friday from Bob Serva at Fusion telling me he was sending it back to me on for delivery today. The cost for the fitting and test firing was roughly $100 which is equivalent to an hour and a half labor at my local Harley dealer. Considering what most gunsmiths charge I consider this a bargain. Why don't you send your pistol to Fusion and have them fit the new sights for you? Drop Bob an email telling him what you want to do and request a quote for having them do it. If you send it to Fusion you will KNOW it will be done right and that's worth quite a bit in IMO.

coltaholic

sights

I personally know a shooter who sent his Colt SPecial Combat Government to Fusion for new sights. He still brags about how well he was treated and how quickly he got his gun back--less than 2 weeks total. Colt told him it would be 7-12 weeks.

nightal

I used a set from Fusion,that has the same rear sight as that but a different front FO front sight. I put them on myself I bent the channel that holds the FO tube,I was able to fix it. if I were going to do it again I would put a nail or a drill bit in the FO channel while staking the sight.if you send it to Fusion to have them do it all you need to send is the slide, it's a lot cheaper you can send it USPS.