Help picking a new 9mm full size non-polymer handgun

Ok Besides my Revolvers I only own 2 other Non-polymer guns, A Beretta 92 Inox and a Springfield Loaded 1911. My polymer guns Include Glock 22 and 27, M&P 45 and Ruger 22/45. I want to get another Non Polymer 9mm handgun, (high capacity), Thinking about a Sig 226 but would like some more input on other makes. I already have a ccw weapon this would just be a plinking gun.

Dobe

Consider the AR-24, if you are thinking about a CZ type. It is a very solid well made handgun. If not, then the Sig is by far the way to go. It is really in a different league from the others mentioned. If it were my decision, simply based upon what you have mentioned, I'd get the Sig. By the way, I have both the AR-24 and the CZ, and I'm seriously contemplating a Sig. They are well build handguns.

LanceOregon

CZ75SS.jpg

seed

I agree with the others: CZ. I have a P-01 (a compact) and it fits my medium/large hand amazingly well.

Tom2

How about a more compact version of the Beretta? Then you will have some interchangeability of the accessories and know how to run it already. And might decide you like the smaller gun better. Otherwise maybe one of the smaller hicap Sigs would please you. Smaller than the 226. Unless you are into full size 9's, which means you would want the 226 after all.

BigJimP

I like the Sig 226 - especially in all stainless - in 9mm or .40 / and I have one of each / as well as a hybrid 226 X-Five in .40 .

I think the Sig is a very strong gun / controls are easy to master with the decocker. I'm not a big fan of the DAK trigger / I prefer the standard DA/SA triggers. Sig marketing needs a mental check ......they have so many models / and then derivatives within each model but :

220 ( is their .45 acp )

226 is their full size ( in 9mm, .40 or .357 Sig ) - they make 5 or 6 models. all double stack. The hybrid X-Five - is a great gun - double stack / most of them are SAO / one is DA/SA but they are bigger and heavier ( more of a competition gun / with the top end one, with wood grips, having an adjustable trigger in it ) but on the high end the X-Five retails for around
$ 2,350 in 9mm or .40 I like their nite sights / and I think the 226 is a very good gun.

229 is a little shorter in overall height - but not significantly - so to me its an oddball model ( not as big as the 226 / too big for concealment ).

239 is their single stack / conceal gun - nice gun

232 is their pocket gun in .380 / then they have a .22 they call a Mosquito ( the 232 is ok / the mosquito is kind of a piece of junk ).

computerguysd

I'll admit I'm biased, but I'd go for the Sig. Once I bought my 1st Sig, I just keep coming up with reasons to buy "one more" - lol :p

B.N.Real

Check out the Taurus lines and the Ruger SR9 and the P95.

You won't get anymore full size then the Ruger P95 but what a fun gun to shoot.

rburch

CZ-75, have heard great things about these...
What you heard is right, if I was only allowed to have one 9mm it would be a CZ-75.

You won't get anymore full size then the Ruger P95 but what a fun gun to shoot.
I like my dad's older P85, like holding a brick, but you know it'll go bang whenever you want it to.

wnycollector

I own both a SIG p6 and P226. Both are excellent quality and super reliable. I do not own a CZ 75...but if it is anything like my CZ40b DO NOT hesitiate for a second at buying one!

epwrangler

There is nothing better than a CZ75...nothing. Mine is like a laser. Ready, aim fire, hit. Actually, mine now does have laser grips, too. Ihada PT92. Not in the same class at all. Sigs are nice depending on which one you get.

gwnorth

I'd say P226. I have a Blackwater edition P226R and love it - accurate, reliable, a breeze to field strip and clean and built tight and solid.