Help on bullet pullers.....

tjhands

Have never had to pull bullets before, but....now I do. They are .357 mags. Do I need a certain one for that caliber, or is it a one-size-fits-all thing? About how much should I be paying for one? Thanks! :D

NoLeftTurn

RCBS makes one. I think they are between $20-25 now. I have one and I use it on 38, 357, 40, 45acp, 44sp & 44mag. It should do them all. I have had this on for some time and it is still in good shape. I had my doubts about it when I bought it because it is plastic and seemed like it would not hold up. I have used it on old reloads that I have got from different people and on a coffee can of loads that had one problem or another. They are worth the money. Not nearly as much fun as reloading tho. :(

Hope you find something. Good Luck.

tjhands

Thanks, Left. I'll see if I can score one that's for sale on ebay. Just wasn't sure if there was a separate puller for each caliber. You cleared it up! :)

BigSlick

NLT speaks the truth about the RCBS - looks and feels flimsy as can be, but it does seem to hold up.

I used to have a plastic puller with a metal shaft - the head shattered on the second use.

Dillon, RCBS and Frankford Arsenal all make plastic ones. I paid $13 bucks for mine and it has seen a *lot* of use :(

Lee makes a collet type I hear good things about, but have never used one.

If you look around at gun shows, sometimes you can find one for less than 10 bucks. I saw two, the weekend after I bought mine.

BigSlick

yorec

Another green RCBS bullet puller here. I've no idea how much I originally paid for it - been that long ago. And yep, still going strong...

No experience with other types - never needed one. :cool: