Help needed Identify this Ammo

AwayToTheRange

Hello,
Can anyone identify what exactly is the caliber and make of this ammo? I am unable to exactly match the dimensions with known Rimfire rounds. Found two of these at the flee market. Thanks.

Dimension:
OAL: 1.4270
Case length: 1.1560
Neck Diameter: 0.2310
Base Diameter: 0.2310
Rim diameter: 0.2820
Rim thickness: 0.0505

Attachments

• 001 Stamp.jpg
    001 Stamp.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 003_resize.JPG
    003_resize.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 111
  • 002_resize.JPG
    002_resize.JPG
    459.5 KB · Views: 110

10-96

It almost looks like someone had a .25 Stevens Long RF in mind when they concocted that one you found. That's about the closest I can find to your measurements. Maybe a Stevens got wet and shrunk up a bit?

Jim Watson

It is proportioned like a 6mm Flobert shotshell. I don't google one with a brass head and copper body, but otherwise that is what it looks like. I think somebody just stuck a handy bullet in yours.

AwayToTheRange

I have 2 that are exactly the same. They look like factory loaded. I found just a singular picture on the web from an auction some time ago and they had similar rounds but no other info with exception of the photo. This makes me think they are factory loaded and not modified Flobert.

Any idea on the make when you look at the stamp? Thanks for the feedback so far.

Last edited:

jonnyc

They are French-made rimfires, by Gevelot. I don't collect them, but I did have one a few years ago but can't recall the details. Might be a 6mm Flobert, but not sure without a bit of research.
Try posting at:
cartridgecollectors.org

AwayToTheRange

jonnyc & JohnKSa...
You have both been of Absolut great Help.

I was unable to find anything on my own but you have managed to clarify with great detail. I might dismantle one of them just to understand better this round and more importantly to share my finding with other enthusiasts.

AwayToTheRange

THANKS

Thought I upload a couple of good quality photos after cleanup.
For all your contributions, Thanks

Attachments

• 01_Indoors Photo) 6 mm Longue Portée.jpg
    01_Indoors Photo) 6 mm Longue Portée.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 02_Outdoors Photo) 6 mm Longue Portée.jpg
    02_Outdoors Photo) 6 mm Longue Portée.jpg
    980.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 03_6 mm Longue Portée.jpg
    03_6 mm Longue Portée.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 42