Help Need loads for my Glock 26

Master Blaster

I am not allowed to shoot any jacketed bullets at my club's indoor range, or loads over 1200 FPS. So I ant just use the cheap but Excellent S&B ball ammo for practice.

Does anyone shoot cast bullets in their glock? I am afriad to try it for fear of leading the barrel beyond repair, or blowing up my G26.

Has anyone tried plated bullets in a glock barrel?

Anyone try a Federal Barrel, or should I just go to the outdoor range when it reopens in the spring?

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Benchrest1000

I can't answer the bullet question but can state that I'm very impressed with the Federal barrel I have for my Glock 21. I have the compensated version which I purchased for hunting with the 45 Super. Quality, especially for the price, is very good. It shoots better than I do and should serve your intended purposes well. I think I paid 89 dollars for mine at Lone Wolf. Regards.

Glocknroll

I am shooting Glock 22 and have put several rounds of cast bullets through the stock barrel. With all the concerns about the polyagonal rifling causing lead buld up I did purchase a Federal barrel for 85.00 at a local gun show. I never really had any problems with the stock barrel --- I
was using Laser Cast 170 grn SWC over 6 grns of AA#5. I gave the barrel a thorough cleaning after each range session, but didn't ever experience any appreciable leading.
Since I have started casting my own bullets and shoot them exclusively, I figured the 85.00 was well spent and will be off set quickly by what I save in buying bullets.

Doug

tonyz

I recommend that you use West Coast plated bullets. There plating is about .010 thick. Many plated bullets are .002 to
.006 inch thick . Most jacketed bullets are around .015. West coast bullets have the thickest plated Bullets that I no about.
I also shoot at an indoor club, where only lead was allowed and less then 1000 FPS. Now they allow plated bullets.
I started useing plated bullets years ago and Have had no problems with most plated bullets.

http://www.westcoastbullet.net/

moose2.gif

Good Luck And Good Shoot'en
Tony Z

[Edited by tonyz on 01-26-2001 at 11:00 AM]

WalterGAII

What Tony said. I've fired several thousand West Coast plated bullets, with great results. I use the same load data as jacketed bullets.

big89foot

155gr Berrys bullets (also quite thick, .006 I think), $57.49/1000 inc. shipping! 6.0 gr Winchester Super Field, 1010 fps. (check the Winchester reloading site).

tstr

I use Rainier 124 plated bullets. They work great. No fouling problems from the thin plating.

I do not, however, care for the plated bullets in the larger calibers, esp. my .45. Just doesn't seem to be as accurate. But like I said, no problems with the 9mm.

Tstr

TEXAS LAWMAN

My understanding is that cast bullets do not "grip" the polygonal rifling of GLOCK barrels as do jacketed bullets. I do not believe the problem of GLOCKs blowing up is related to cast bullets, but rather, is due to reloaded ammo: 1)loaded to higher-than-normal pressures; and 2) bulged cases fired in the GLOCK "unsupported chamber" without benefit of being thoroughly resized or roll-sized prior to being reloaded.

jtduncan

4.5 grains of Titegroup and a 115 grain copper plated bullet by Berrys, Rainier, or West Coast produces some nice recoiling, very accurate rounds at about 1,000 fps.

You can also use 4.5 grains of Universal or 4.6 grains of W231.

Accurate rounds tested out of glocks, sigs, hkp7s, USPs, beretta, etc.

All of the above recipes should whizz at about 1,000 fps.

Enjoy.