Help me with new AR build ideas...

dvdcrr

I've got a billet upper receiver inbound and was thinking about doing a 18" ARP 6.8 build or maybe a 6.8 Wilson Combat barrel.
But I am open to ideas for caliber, barrel length, optics, basically anything you think would be cool to build.

50 shooter

Awhile back I had the same thing going through my mind about what to build. Was talking to a friend and he pointed me in the direction of the 7mm Valkyrie.

It's been around for a few years now, I've had mine for a little over a year now. I've taken it out to the range a few times, need to take it out more.

You can check them out at www.7mmvalkyrie.com for more info. There's also a bigger discussion board through one of their suppliers. Follow the links on their site to Big Dawg Weapons Systems.

Mine started out with a BCA side charging upper, bought the 24" 7mm Valkyrie heavy barrel and bolt, spikes lower with a magpul PRS stock and topped it off with a Vortex scope.

Let me see if I can find a pic of it to upload.

ed308

7mm Valkyrie is a great wildcat cartridge. And with the new 6mm brass that's become available, much easier to form the brass. If you want a similar 6.8/.277 caliber, then the 270MSR (improved 270AR) is available via AR15 Performance. Only negative, it's a wildcat.

But a 6.8 ARP barrel makes a great hunting AR. I prefer a 16" barrel for the balance and less weight. I currently have ARP barrels in .223 Wylde, 6.8, 270AR, 6.5G, and 6.5 CM. All have grouped around .5 MOA at 100 yards. You can't go wrong with ARP barrel.