Help me spend my dough...

KYE-OAT

...I posed this question over on the Semi-Auto forum: I have to choose between a new Hi-Point .45 or a used Llama .45...only those two.
Well, I'm here to tell you most of them said to buy a police trade-in Revolver.......given my limited fundage, what do you all think of a used S&W Model 10 or an even "useder" Colt 1917 Army??

dewey

ditto

I believe the 1917 Colt is .45ACP which is a much
heavier and harder to shoot tham the Model 10
AND the ammo is higher as well. Revo time...dewey

Jim March

A classic K-Frame .38 is...

...FAR more reliable and effective than a cheap slidegun like a Llama.

Cheap semi-autos are almost always nothing but headaches. There are very VERY few exceptions, such as the KelTec P11, Makarovs and the CZ-52 and even then there's tradeoffs. The KelTec is famous for needing minor home-gunsmithing tweaks to get it running right, there's a huge mailing list where people help each other out on that stuff. The CZ is freakin' huge for the power level and ammo capacity, and the Maks have a wierd trigger that's not for beginners.

I'll trust my life to a $200 revolver over a $200 slidegun any day of the week.

VictorLouis

The model 10 will be both

smoother and easier to shoot than the 1917. Someone already alluded to the highter cost of .45acp ammo, too.

Target Shooter

Seriously,
If I had to choose between a new Hi-Point .45 or a used Llama .45 I would save my money and let it build up to when I could afford a Quality gun.
Quality guns have resale value if the need ever arises that you'll need to part with one.
Save your money for something else...

TS

38Mike

These guys give-um heap good advice :D
I just picked up a model 10 for $245. It is a very sweet shooter.......model 10, no doubt about it..

Mike M.