Help me pick pattern & colors for my next camo paint job

MagicMan

I have a Mossberg 702 that I'd like to do a camo paint job on. I've done woodland on my 10/22 & urban camo on my Pardner 12g.

Not sure what colors or pattern to use this time. Am thinking digital, but not sold on it. Don't want to do same colors as above 2 regardless of pattern.

Cast your votes!

BurkGlocker

i am a big fan of the digital woodland pattern and have painted my hunting rifle with decent results. The hardest thing I think that I had to do was trimming out the pattern before painting. I have pics, but they are of subpar quality, so I apologize beforehand.

rifle.jpg

Swampghost

Use local foliage for templates for where you want to hunt. Thinking backwards on the paint was the worst for me, try it out on something else first like a piece of cardboard.

All of mine are customized to locale. Anything beats shiney unless you're more than 100 yds. out.

The best tool that I have found is to take a pic and make the camo match. Take some of the tree branches, weeds, bushes from your hunting area.

Steaming them will make them go limp and produce sharper edges. I prefer the 'feathered' look from live plants, you'll get some sharp edges too.