• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

help me out here...

Boox

I have searched all over this website trying to find the answer and no joy so I am posting it here;

what is the criteria that must be met to post in the gunshow area of this site? I try to post and get a notice that I do not meet criteria, but I cannot find anywhere that lists the criteria.

So, can sombody please explain what I need to do?

Boox

Pahoo

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436102

Not sure what the current criteria is on "Selling/Buying" but I know I was rejected as I did not have a high enough count of posts. One of the moderators will be along in a minute and provide greater detail ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
It's in the Gun Show rules, which are a sticky post at the top of each sub-forum in that area.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436104

1. You must be an active member of TFL. In order to start a thread in the Gun Show you must have been a member for at least 30 days and have 25 MEANINGFUL posts in the other discussion forums. In other words, "+1", emoticons, fluffed comments, etc. without a meaningful statement involved do not apply. Postings in the Gun Show Forum, with the exception of the Feedback subforum, do not add to post count. In addition, we expect you to continue to contribute to the forum. Using the Gun Show forums as a free storefront, without being active in other forums, will result in loss of privileges.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I have searched all over this website trying to find the answer and no joy so I am posting it here;

what is the criteria that must be met to post in the gunshow area of this site? I try to post and get a notice that I do not meet criteria, but I cannot find anywhere that lists the criteria.
At the top of each of The Firing Line Gun Show subforums there is a post.

The post is titled: "GUN SHOW RULES - All must read before posting in this forum"

We call that a hint. :D

The first rule is:

"1. You must be an active member of TFL. In order to start a thread in the Gun Show you must have been a member for at least 30 days and have 25 MEANINGFUL posts in the other discussion forums. In other words, "+1", emoticons, fluffed comments, etc. without a meaningful statement involved do not apply. Postings in the Gun Show Forum, with the exception of the Feedback subforum, do not add to post count. In addition, we expect you to continue to contribute to the forum. Using the Gun Show forums as a free storefront, without being active in other forums, will result in loss of privileges."

I'm sure when you read that notice, as you certainly MUST have before you tried to post an ad on TFL, you just missed the very first rule which explains very clearly the criteria for posting in the gunshow area of the site.

When you do meet the criteria and get ready to post an ad, I recommend re-reading those rules. A bit more carefully the next time. ;)