Help me justify . . .

KyJim

the new 10mm pistol I just put in layaway. It's a new old-stock Dan Wesson Pointman 10 w/ adjustable sights (tan cerakote with black small parts). DW makes great 1911s and I got the gun at the old-stock price.

I don't hunt with handguns. I already carry a .45 acp 1911, clothing permitting. I have 1911s in both .45 and 9mm. The only justification I could think of is that I don't have a 10mm and (I'm really reaching here) I can later get a .40 S&W barrel fitted for the gun because I don't have any guns in .40 S&W. :D

Any other reason for me to rationalize, I mean justify, my decision?

Yung.gunr

My favorite is...

"Because it's my money, I earned it and I want it."

Honestly it's a DW in 10mm, what other justification do you need?

Carne Frio

I own a bunch of 10mm's, so I don't understand "justify",
but this graphic might help::D

10mmgel.jpg

Last edited:

TheNocturnus

It is a firearm. That is all the justification you need. Just give in to your addiction, we all buy guns we don't really need.

KyJim

Great points and the graphic speaks volumes! I've already been checking out the 10mm ammo online. I've used the Georgia Arms premium ammo in other calibers, when they were loading with Gold Dots, and they were fine. Anybody use their 10mm "Canned Heat?"

MikeRussell

How about this...

I bought my Pointman 7 (.45acp) a few years back, brand new for $900. Last time I checked, they were going for $1400+

It's an "investment" ;)

BConklin

For whatever it's worth - I have a Dan Wesson Pointman-7 10mm and I friggin LOVE that gun. I picked it up second hand on GB with the the original 10 mm barrel, a factory fitted 40 S&W barrel and a pile of magazines for each caliber thrown in as well.

My first outing with it, I popped in a mag, chambered a round, drew a bead on the target 25' away and fired. The first round nailed the bullseye dead center. You can imagine the $### eatin grin on my face...

I say BUY the gun! If you're anything like me - you'll love it.

orionengnr

You do know that graphic is a PhotoShop deal, right? :)
I am a DW 10mm owner and fan, but I am realistic.

My 10mm CBOB was a problem child from day one. About a year and a half later, it is working pretty well. Not well enough to carry, but a fun range alternative to my .45 acp 1911s.

Wish I didn't lose 30% of my brass.

As long as you are going into this with your eyes open, you will enjoy the 10mm.

KyJim

I like the investment angle. The one I put in layaway was at the "old" MSRP which was still hundreds less than what they are selling for used.